Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mwm417

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2010
My first eBay case

Just got this one in the mail seems pretty good so far. Four other ebay cases one the way
icon7.gif

2nsuk44.jpg
33bo508.jpg
rubds6.jpg

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Just got this one in the mail seems pretty good so far. Four other ebay cases one the way
icon7.gif

2nsuk44.jpg
33bo508.jpg
rubds6.jpg

Might wanna be careful with this case if you take it off frequently. The black piece will scratch the upper/lower part of your iPhone. I had the same one for my 3G and it scratched the hell out of that phone.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Thought I'd chime in, I ordered 3 of the "replicases" (ones with identical iphone backing, apple logo and such the white style mentioned earlier in the thread) from Cimo Cases on eBay. I got black, white, red and blue.

As for the flash, on the black and blue I see no issues. On red and white I get slight wash of flash, but nothing major or nothign a black marker touch up wont cure.

However, IMO it's the best case to have, it keeps the phone looking stock, but with some color! I like that! it was only 8.00$ and you cant really go wrong with that!

Happy case hunting all!

EDIT: HERE'S THE CASE(EXAMPLE) OF WHAT I GOT http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Blue-Replicase-Hard-Back-Case-Apple-iPhone-4-4G-/320567138303?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa34a57ff

spader

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
Received 2 tpu bumpers from this seller. Here's the listing

They were $3 a piece. Free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Grey-TPU-Silicone-EDGE-Protector-Trim-Case-iPhone-4-/320559476111?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4aa2d56d8f

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Clear-TPU-Silicone-EDGE-Protector-Trim-Case-F-iPhone-4-/320559164903?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4aa2d0ade7

They're pretty solid. If you have a skin on the front and back, there will be some manipulation and initial liftage. Though in the end once you have everything "tucked in" it'll be fine. Both are frosted, and they feel great. They have the ever so slight lip, that your phone doesn't make contact to the surface you put your phone down on.

I have a few pics, it's taken from my old 3G phone. Apologies, as the camera took off to Vegas, and has yet to be unpacked from the massive suitcase.

This is with the SGP Crystal front and Wrapsol Ultra Back

*I hope the picture sizes are ok..*

photo-1.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo.jpg

megsalias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
I'm waiting on almost 10 cases from Honk Kong. I bought 2 replicases and one of several different styles including one of the "leather" wallet cases. We'll see how I like them. I already have a Belkin Grip Vue, Apple Bumper, iFrogz Luxe, and a Rocketfish TPU case. Plus, I'm waiting on the Pixelskin HD. I should probably relax a little (lol), but I haven't found anything that wows me yet.

ratman2356

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Those who got replicases. Comments on fit with screen protectors? I got a couple with the same design style and one works ok with SP and one doesn't, hard to tell from pics so first hand experience would help. I like the white and the black matte ones.

Sportcat

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Anderson, SC
Ok, so this is the case I just got in the mail: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300443948744&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I didn't think it was going to have the ridge around the outside but it does like the other colors that are available. However, I am very very happy with it. The fit is great, and all of the cutouts line up great and it is very thin. The plastic is not much more than 1mm thick so the case adds very little bulk. It goes on very securely and I had to use a credit card slid around the edged to get it removed. The rubberized texture is very nice and there aren't any mold imperfections on the case. The texture is similar to the iFrogz or an Incase metallic slider (I had the magnesium one).

It also fits with a SGP EX front and back film and because it is a hard snap case it doesnt cause the film to lift up. I also have a lucky labs antenna decal on the phone and that fits fine too.

Overall...5/5 good case at a very cheap price compared to the name brands.

I will try to post some pics later.

SWEET! I just happened to order that same case earlier today. Glad to know you are happy with it!

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
QUESTION for those who own a black replicase

For those that own the "BLACK" replicase do you still experience flash issues?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Those who got replicases. Comments on fit with screen protectors? I got a couple with the same design style and one works ok with SP and one doesn't, hard to tell from pics so first hand experience would help. I like the white and the black matte ones.

I have a shield on mine and it doesn't interfere with my screenguards on front or back.
For those that own the "BLACK" replicase do you still experience flash issues?
Dude use your eyes I cover this question 2 above yours and it's also all over the pages of this thread.

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I have a shield on mine and it doesn't interfere with my screenguards on front or back.

Dude use your eyes I cover this question 2 above yours and it's also all over the pages of this thread.

FYI it's not covered all over this thread. Your post, which I see now, is the only post that answers my question. BTW it is common for someone to overlook a single post in a multipage thread. It happens, no need to be a smartass about it. :rolleyes:

ipadder

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Here's a Ventile Mesh Case! I just got it off eBay from the guy that sells the replicases. I love it so far. It's actually much much lighter than the other cases and more flexible so it's 10x easier to take on or off.

i cant find the blue version i got on the ebay store of teh seller but he has black and white which is probably way better.

CUYkz.jpg

zeMU6.jpg

aQHH6.jpg

7Tl8f.jpg

IvOOH.jpg

ddeadserious

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Plymouth, MI
I got this today, and of course it doesn't look anything like this :rolleyes: and the volume keys are extremely hard to get to. It's an ok bumper, but I'm not happy about the false advertisement. :mad:

Would you mind posting some photos of what the product actually looks like? Do you have a skin on the back? If so, any interference/lifting?

tommietnk

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Here's a Ventile Mesh Case! I just got it off eBay from the guy that sells the replicases. I love it so far. It's actually much much lighter than the other cases and more flexible so it's 10x easier to take on or off.

i cant find the blue version i got on the ebay store of teh seller but he has black and white which is probably way better.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cimo-Cases__W0QQ_sidZ192097565?_nkw=ventile&submit=Search

CUYkz.jpg

zeMU6.jpg

aQHH6.jpg

7Tl8f.jpg

IvOOH.jpg

I got this one in white and its sick. Looks so classy contrasting with the black phone and looks so good in along with summer clothes and gear. Reminds of a gold ball or tennis gear for some reason.

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
ooooh! thats the one i got.. cant wait for it (& my phone to get here :))

I have this case from same seller. Dropped it by accident and it saved my phone. The case has some white stress marks on the front side edges but it prevented my front glass from hitting street and breaking.
Still looks great, and I ordered a white one for a spare! I can't see ever buying a case from a retail store for 25-30 bucks anymore when I can get o e for under 4 bucks on bay.

Sportcat

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
Anderson, SC
Heh... I returned my 4 today after owning for 12 hours (got a 3GS for $99).

So, I might have some ebay cases to sell on here once they arrive from Hong Kong. :(

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
Would you mind posting some photos of what the product actually looks like? Do you have a skin on the back? If so, any interference/lifting?

Sure.. the picture made it look like it had rubber + polycarbonate and that it was two-toned like the Apple bumper, but it's one material all the way. The fit is fine, though. I got some other $.99 bumpers and they're a total joke! They are ridiculously loose, but I guess what did I expect. It's pretty compatible with a skin, pretty much the same fit as Apple's. Lifts it up in some areas but it's easy to get it back down.

photovk.jpg

click to enlarge

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.