Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butters149

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Hi,

Are there any apps to save webpages so that they can be read offline? Or is it better to just convert them to PDF?

Thanks,

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
ReadItLater Free has more features than the free version of Instapaper, IMO. If you're going to pay for the premium version, I think they are pretty comparable to each other. Personally, I prefer RIL because of its Digest view (it's a $5 upgrade but can still be used with the free version of RIL). The cool thing about Digest view, besides the great look, is that it automatically categorizes the articles/web pages you save.

BTW, RIL saves the original webpage - images and all - for offline reading in addition to having a text-only view.

IronLogik

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
ReadItLater Free has more features than the free version of Instapaper, IMO. If you're going to pay for the premium version, I think they are pretty comparable to each other. Personally, I prefer RIL because of its Digest view (it's a $5 upgrade but can still be used with the free version of RIL). The cool thing about Digest view, besides the great look, is that it automatically categorizes the articles/web pages you save.

BTW, RIL saves the original webpage - images and all - for offline reading in addition to having a text-only view.

Instapaper has images as well if they're in the BODY of the text. It removes everything else.

I prefer supporting the little guy in this case. Marco Arment is pretty freaking awesome and I will happily give him my $5 for this amazingly awesome app that he continues to iterate on and make better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.