Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
With the video.app on the ipad, where are the videos stored? Which directory? I recall seeing it when i used cyberduck, but i cannot find it again.

Im looking for the directory of the video files within the video.app. Such as

/var/...

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
/var/private/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control

In that directory there are lots of other folders that have oddly named media files. The videos are store in there.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Ok so i found all ghe foldefs. f(number) example f49 housed a file that was a four character name .mp4. Which opens and is one of my media files i synced ghru itunes.

Now, i want to move a mp4 formated file i downloaded with filer(formallh downloader) to ghe proper directody so that the videos app will have the file. Im using ifile.

So i found the dir, and i tried making the next sequence folder f50 and placed the file in there. I didnt change the name.. Cuz im not sure what the four chracter scheme is. Seems random to me.

The reason i want to do all of this is because the videos app allows tv out, and i have the cables. No other video player that ive found does video out.

Any ideas on what folder in that dir i should put my files?

Thx for ur help buddy! I appreciate it.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The only way to get files in the iTunes_Control folder to play is by syncing the file over with iTunes. If you put a file in there with iFile the Videos app will not see it.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Intell said:
The only way to get files in the iTunes_Control folder to play is by syncing the file over with iTunes. If you put a file in there with iFile the Videos app will not see it.

Poop

Dont suppose you know of an app that doez video tv out?

waqasmkw

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2013
iphone 3g

i have iphone 3g.and i made video through ividcam.
but it just got corruptd..now i want to get my videos..but i couldnt find that anywhere,even i tried to find through ifile...anybody plz help me...that videos are very imported

theyoungblood

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
You can use Bridge, which can be downloaded through Cydia, to import Videos, Music, etc. It works great. I hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.