Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Petered

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Anybody get the second gen Ipad after having the first too upgrade?

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Yup. I'm really enjoying the front facing camera with FaceTime, and the 2 ghz dual core processor.

MrWillie

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2010
Starlite Starbrite Trailer Court
I am enjoying the fact that they didn't put a damn camera on it. I am also enjoying the software updates that give me seamless printing and 100% compatability with Excel. The Apple store now lets me manage my podcast subscriptions from my iPad. To top it all off, a nonanorexic supermodel took me home yesterday.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I am loving mine. The slide out keyboard is great, and it's keeping pace with the 2011 Mac Pros that I use at work :D

My apologies, I couldn't resist.

Petered

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Ok guys I'm not trolling this is mite first post sorry for the not to swell wording but I meant if you already have the first gen will you get the second gen just to upgrade to a better one or keep it till it dies?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Till it dies? How foreboding of you my little yoda speakalike.

Yes many here will upgrade regardless when the 2nd gen comes out just to have it. Same as we do with iPhones and whatever else. But likewise many won't. It's 50/50.

You will get more people willing to upgrade here, simply because the kind of people who frequent forums are also the most technologically geek minded and therefore have a higher gadget lust than those in the normal spectrum of everyday life.

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
>Yes many here will upgrade regardless when the 2nd gen comes out just to have it

Yes few here upgrade regardless of 2nd gen coming out :p ( hey, for memory upgrade since we run out of space: music, videos, books and apps. I am not quite there yet but getting there.)

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Who let Steve Ballmer in here? Get out and go piss off your share holder more by losing stock Values.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.