Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bloody

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
How much does it cost total to buy it without a contract with tax and fees and everything?

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
If you hate Rogers so mush, why dont you cancel the contract and use another provider like Telus or Bell? Get your hate out of this thread. The rest of teh people dont care. If a possible shipment of phones to stores is making you this unstable, maybe you need to be commited or something. It's just a phone. Geez....

Sorry but rogers lied. If you don't like me pointing out their lies then click my name and set me to ignore.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Does anyone have problems with the proximity sensor and their cheek accidentally hitting buttons while they're in a call?

I do. I've hit the mute button a couple times.

Always muting someone... Just so happens to be when my mom calls, sometimes I actually enjoy it. :p

That sucks you three are having the prox problem. Does it happen every call you guys make or just intermittently?

I'm wondering if you all have the same build week or not? What is your build week?

Fortunately I don't have the problem. My build week is 29

chrisu91

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Build week is 30. Does not happen all the time. I think the issue is that the sensor takes way too long to react (when compared with my 3GS). It's not like it doesn't work at all though.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Build week is 30. Does not happen all the time. I think the issue is that the sensor takes way too long to react (when compared with my 3GS). It's not like it doesn't work at all though.

Try a fresh restore as a new iPhone...maybe it will fix the problem.

If u do the restore let us know how it turns out.

chrisu91

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Ontario, Canada
It doesn't bother me enough to warrant a full restore. Plus, I do not want to lose my apps & their data.
I was on the phone with Rogers to activate my SIM card (I'm using Bell as my primary and Rogers prepaid "just for fun"). I was put on hold. 10 mins later, she started talking and saying "hello??". Looked at my phone and the mute button was on. I was transferred again, and was asked for my credit card # for activation. I started reading it and she said "whenever you're ready". Looked at my phone and mute was pressed again. Both times, it occurred after I took the call off speakerphone.

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
GAHHHHHHH!!!

Ok it's bad enough that we had to wait an extra month in Canada for this bloody phone, considering we are part of North America, that is bogus.

What makes this all worse is that I live in Victoria BC and can't just stroll over to the nearest Apple store. I have to take a stupid ferry and the Apple store reps won't reserve phones for anyone for any reason. (Apple stores seem to be the only mo fos that are actually getting more than the initial order). Apple screws over the individual carriers by delivering primarily to Box stores or the Apple store (I can understand the latter). You can't find a damn phone anywhere... I am on a waiting list but seriously, is there any Carrier that has actually received a second shipment of iPhone 4 in Canada???

Or even yet, any carriers in BC that have received a second shipment? My Telus store only got like 5-10 16Gb phones and no 32s....

Sorry just had to rant. I was gonna order it online but again we get screwed.. 3 freakin weeks just to start delivery???When the states got pre release delivery order options? Sometimes I really hate that Apple is an American company that doesn't give a crap about Canada.

Peace.

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
GAHHHHHHH!!!

Ok it's bad enough that we had to wait an extra month in Canada for this bloody phone, considering we are part of North America, that is bogus.

What makes this all worse is that I live in Victoria BC and can't just stroll over to the nearest Apple store. I have to take a stupid ferry and the Apple store reps won't reserve phones for anyone for any reason. (Apple stores seem to be the only mo fos that are actually getting more than the initial order). Apple screws over the individual carriers by delivering primarily to Box stores or the Apple store (I can understand the latter). You can't find a damn phone anywhere... I am on a waiting list but seriously, is there any Carrier that has actually received a second shipment of iPhone 4 in Canada???

Or even yet, any carriers in BC that have received a second shipment? My Telus store only got like 5-10 16Gb phones and no 32s....

Sorry just had to rant. I was gonna order it online but again we get screwed.. 3 freakin weeks just to start delivery???When the states got pre release delivery order options? Sometimes I really hate that Apple is an American company that doesn't give a crap about Canada.

Peace.

well, if it makes you feel any better RIM announced the new BB Torch and it comes out over a month earlier in the USA than Canada and they are a Canadian company.

In fact, their headquarters is in my home town and we still can't get the BB Torch here until sometime in Sept.
:confused:

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
No, it doesn't make me feel better. But thanks neways.

I suspect that when BB Torch is released in Canada there will be no line ups and you will be able to walk in day one and get the phone.

ah well...

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Oh, I didn't realize people were still having trouble getting iPhones. This is soooooo old news by now.:p

I kid, I kid. I hope you guys are able to get one soon.

My mother freaking loves her iP4. She got it at the Fairview Mall Apple Store in Toronto last week. She upgraded from an ancient Razr. Her favorite feature is FaceTime (so she can see her new grandson), and I must say it is one of my favorites as well. Being able to video conference with her from anywhere in my house and anywhere else that has wifi is amazing.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
That sucks you three are having the prox problem. Does it happen every call you guys make or just intermittently?

I'm wondering if you all have the same build week or not? What is your build week?

Fortunately I don't have the problem. My build week is 29
It is intermittent, a simple software fix will do the trick nothing hardware related. When I'm out and about by myself I usually have my earpiece with me listening to music so the hands free works great, and in the car I have bluetooth so it isn't that big of a deal for me.

My serial no. is 84029, build week 29 =)

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
Don't forget people we have that their on the Rogers forums. The more people respond and show our anger maybe the more they will do for us heck tell ur whole experience about the IP4 since it came out.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t..._Devices/highlight/false/page/1/thread-id/148

I think Rogers definitely needs to explain their Red Board post as it appears to have been bad info or a case of being overly ambiguous. However, Rogers should not be blamed for supply shortages, they're not the ones making the device and not the ones responsible for the distribution of the device. This isn't really that much different than last year with the 3GS, supply was much better at launch but it took weeks for some stores to receive additional supply. For stores that didn't sell out initially that was fine, but for those that did I know it took almost a month or more for some to receive more stock. This time you have the supply being divided up between five carriers in addition to what appears to be the vast majority of units being sent to Apple Stores directly. So yes, Rogers made a goof in posting that on their Red Board, even more so in their lack of communication between reps and resellers, but they're not the ones to blame for lack of stock.

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Don't forget people we have that their on the Rogers forums. The more people respond and show our anger maybe the more they will do for us heck tell ur whole experience about the IP4 since it came out.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t..._Devices/highlight/false/page/1/thread-id/148

Why dont you blame Apple as well? They are shipping iPhones to thier own stores and not to the carriers. Did you fail to mention that? How about explaining that Apple makes the phones and ships them out.

I would see your point if Rogers was the one making teh phones, but you fail. Go to another carrier of you dont like Rogers

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
anyone who lives in Edmonton or Calgary Alberta, would you be interested in buying me an unlocked 16 gb iphone 4. im willing to pay $750 cad. i am assuming youd make $50 if shipping would cost about $20 overnight. please let me know tonight if possible, thanks! :)

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I think Rogers definitely needs to explain their Red Board post as it appears to have been bad info or a case of being overly ambiguous. However, Rogers should not be blamed for supply shortages, they're not the ones making the device and not the ones responsible for the distribution of the device. This isn't really that much different than last year with the 3GS, supply was much better at launch but it took weeks for some stores to receive additional supply. For stores that didn't sell out initially that was fine, but for those that did I know it took almost a month or more for some to receive more stock. This time you have the supply being divided up between five carriers in addition to what appears to be the vast majority of units being sent to Apple Stores directly. So yes, Rogers made a goof in posting that on their Red Board, even more so in their lack of communication between reps and resellers, but they're not the ones to blame for lack of stock.

Rogers Wireless homepage has a disclaimer saying the the iPhone 4 is sold out and are expecting further deliveries over the next few weeks.

Whats wrong with that?

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
It is intermittent, a simple software fix will do the trick nothing hardware related. When I'm out and about by myself I usually have my earpiece with me listening to music so the hands free works great, and in the car I have bluetooth so it isn't that big of a deal for me.

My serial no. is 84029, build week 29 =)

If this is how you determine I've got a week 31. Hooray.

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Why dont you blame Apple as well? They are shipping iPhones to thier own stores and not to the carriers. Did you fail to mention that? How about explaining that Apple makes the phones and ships them out.

I would see your point if Rogers was the one making teh phones, but you fail. Go to another carrier of you dont like Rogers

Good afternoon fanboy. This is a post on how they lied to us about the stock coming in on Saturday.

If you don't like me ranting on how I dislike liars you may add me to the ignore list under I think User CP and my posts will not show up.

Kane Hart

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
Rogers Wireless homepage has a disclaimer saying the the iPhone 4 is sold out and are expecting further deliveries over the next few weeks.

Whats wrong with that?

Redboard stated on Friday Edited twice saying their getting limited shipment to stores for Monday then edited to Saturday. So people planned the day hunting down a store that would sell a couple.

In the end we found out not 1 store had a phone and their was some hardcore communication errors on Rogers part.

Rogers Wireless homepage is for lets say the general user. Redboard is more for the in depth user who wants latest info even before some press releases.

crazycanucks

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Good afternoon fanboy. This is a post on how they lied to us about the stock coming in on Saturday.

If you don't like me ranting on how I dislike liars you may add me to the ignore list under I think User CP and my posts will not show up.

Not a fanboy not even a Rogers customer! If you hate Rogers so much then why not look for someone to make you happy? Last I looked there are multiple carriers in Canada with the iPhone.

ilikemonkeys

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2006
Wow Kane. You are so damn annoying. While the rest of us are sifting through posts to try and find an iPhone in their ares you and your constant trolling keep getting in the way of that. Why not start your own thread and take your BS there. I think people probably hate you more then they hate Rogers right now.

Shield

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Anyone here from the Niagara Region in Ontario? I've had no luck in locating a iPhone 4 at all. On a waiting list with local Bell store, but I don't think they are really honouring the list or calling people...wait and see this week I guess.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Redboard stated on Friday Edited twice saying their getting limited shipment to stores for Monday then edited to Saturday. So people planned the day hunting down a store that would sell a couple.

In the end we found out not 1 store had a phone and their was some hardcore communication errors on Rogers part.

How do you know that not a single store in the entire country didn't get any iPhones? Not every iPhone purchaser/user posts crap on internet forums...........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.