Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darksnake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
hi there guys, im looking for the best piano sound software. So i want to create realistic piano sound.
wich one is the best to create these sounds hooked up with a USB keyboard to my macbook pro?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Try GarageBand. It's not necessarily the best you can get, but I've found it's pretty darn good. You've already got it too, so you can try it, find out if you like it, then move on if it doesn't sound good enough.

jW

darksnake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
thanks for your replay.

Ivory looks great! gonna try that one soon. I used garage band, but there are only 2 piano options, normal/ on stage. So i search for a better one.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
thanks for your replay.

Ivory looks great! gonna try that one soon. I used garage band, but there are only 2 piano options, normal/ on stage. So i search for a better one.

If you look up free garage band piano sounds in google, you should be able to locate some great sounding pianos to add to garage band.

Adding a sound isn't a trivial task, but it is possible with a little effort and a decent tutorial. After the first couple of times I had it down to about 5 minutes to add a new sound.

I have found some amazing piano samples out there. Some are free, some you have to pay for, so definitely experiment with adding the free ones, and then think about buying one you really like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.