Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markm75

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
Does anyone know of a way to get a fm tuner on the iphone 4 at this point.. or is this still in development, app wise?

I've heard it has the tuner built in this time..

I'd need this mainly for going to the gym, where to hear the in gym tv stations you need a tuner etc..

Thanks

JajoPGH

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
Does anyone know of a way to get a fm tuner on the iphone 4 at this point.. or is this still in development, app wise?

I've heard it has the tuner built in this time..

I'd need this mainly for going to the gym, where to hear the in gym tv stations you need a tuner etc..

Thanks

try ooTunes

markm75

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Apparently one of the iPhone's internal chips is capable of true FM (rather than streaming radio apps). I think even the 3GS can do it. Plus its built in to the new iPod Nano.

Last I heard Apple were developing an official FM app which will enable the iPhones FM capabilities. However the delay revolves around the fact that they are trying to implement a feature that lets you buy the song you are hearing directly from the app store.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Last I heard Apple were developing an official FM app which will enable the iPhones FM capabilities. However the delay revolves around the fact that they are trying to implement a feature that lets you buy the song you are hearing directly from the app store.

When did you hear that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.