Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orkyz!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
I have just got my iphone 4 30 minutes ago and put in the sim card, connected it to the computer via the cable and on the screen i am faced with a picture of itunes, and a usb cable with an arrow pointing to the itunes. below are the words:"slide for emergency".
The problem is: itunes won't detect my iphone 4.
How do i fix this?

iTak3n

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Although this may sound stupid, Have you tried using a different USB port on your computer? If you plug the USB for the charging cable into the wall adapter and plug the phone into the wall, does it charge?

orkyz!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Although this may sound stupid, Have you tried using a different USB port on your computer? If you plug the USB for the charging cable into the wall adapter and plug the phone into the wall, does it charge?

yes it does charge, why? for some reason, even if itunes and my computer can't detect my iphone, the phone still makes a beeping noise whenever u plug it in to a USB port or pull out.

orkyz!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
yes i am running windows 7 b4 bit. btw, i have also uninstalled and reinstalled itunes with no luck.
i eventually had to turn to my sister's laptop which is running windows vista to sync my iphone.
Is there a way to sync my iphone on windows 7 64 bit? plz help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.