Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhawkins1029

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
I let my friend play with my phone and I think he may have played with jailbreaking it or something. Needless to say I wasnt happy and my phone was kind of glitchy so I didnt know what else to do besides to reset my phone. So I reset it, instead of restoring it. Now it is stuck when I try and turn it on. There is the apple logo in the center of the screen with a loading circle that is frozen and also I tiny bar across the top of the screen like its broken on there. I try to connect it to itunes to restore it but itunes wont recognize it and pretty soon its going to die. Anyone know if there is a way to reload its software without having itunes connect to it or anything?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The only wa y to get it working again is to put it into DFU mode and restore it via iTunes.

jhawkins1029

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
How do i get it into DFU mode? I cant work with it at all and my computer doesnt even recognize it. It turns off if I use the home key and lock button reset, but thats about it

yentrog31

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2009
RGGnDFW
If it is stuck at the APPLE LOGO in the beginning, turn it off by holding the POWER and HOME button at the same time for 5 seconds.
1. Put your USB cable in the computer.
2. Hold the HOME button while the iPhone is OFF.
3. Put the cable in your iPhone while holding HOME. This will let you to do a recovery mode.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If it is stuck at the APPLE LOGO in the beginning, turn it off by holding the POWER and HOME button at the same time for 5 seconds.
1. Put your USB cable in the computer.
2. Hold the HOME button while the iPhone is OFF.
3. Put the cable in your iPhone while holding HOME. This will let you to do a recovery mode.

That is not DFU mode. It is Recovery mode and depending on the far the iPhone can boot it may not get into Recovery mode.

nusbaumry

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
My iPhone 3G just did this. Put it in DFU mode and it fixed the problem, although whenever I restart it, it momentarily gets stuck at the Apple logo with the loading circle again. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.