Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
hello, all.

i managed to somewho get an LED in my powerbooks poweradapter plug (the part that looks like the headphone jack, but for the power). when i noticed it was there, i accidently pushed it in a little ... so yeah

i can no longer plug in my powerbook, and though i am saving for the next revision of powerbooks, i am still about 1000 dollars short, so i can't simply by a new one.

anybody have any suggestions as to how to get it out?

thanks a lot

aethier

ps: this sure is embarresing
oh and sorry for bad spelling

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
aethier said:
hello, all.

i managed to somewho get an LED in my powerbooks poweradapter plug (the part that looks like the headphone jack, but for the power). when i noticed it was there, i accidently pushed it in a little ... so yeah

i can no longer plug in my powerbook, and though i am saving for the next revision of powerbooks, i am still about 1000 dollars short, so i can't simply by a new one.

anybody have any suggestions as to how to get it out?

thanks a lot

aethier

I feel like some sort of suction-mechanism would work... is it jammed in really tight? Anyway tweezers might help? Maybe a syringe could be used to decrease the pressure and "pull" the led out?

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
hmm, some of those ideas sound pretty good

i should have a syringe at home somewhere, and if not i could get my sister to bring me home one (she works at the animal hospital)

though it is in there pretty good, i want to cry, as i am at school, so i cannot use my laptop, and i am stuck using the pc's because the imacs networking is f'd up

aethier

point665

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
Shutdown and take the battery out of the powerbook (hey you dont want to shortcircuit the thing do you?)... Here you can try taking a paperclip and bending the tip to possibly get the piece out.

Gambuchi

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2003
Oregon
Missing LED

What I might do:

Get a toothpick, cut about 1 inch off either end of it then touch the extreme end of the toothpick in some superglue and then immediately place it on the recessed LED. Hold very steady for approximately 1 minute and then gently try to pull the toothpick (with attached LED) back out so that it is protruding just a tiny bit from the computer case. Once there, use a razor blade to gently remove the toothpick from the surface of the LED. :)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
aethier said:
Must not forget that it is also...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.