Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Don’t you need to break the protection in order to rip (or at least encode) the video?
And I use Netflix, is it okay to rip a DVD to put it on my iPod and then send it back. I usually watch it before the next DVD comes in the mail, and I just delete it after I watch it.

Why even bother deleting it after you watch it? just keep the damn movie, and while you're at it burn yourself a copy ftw :)

crh3ff

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2010
Sorry, I meant in the sense of a different ripping program that would alter the DRM in a way that would cause the DVD to show obvious signs of ripping.

how would software that copies the files make a physical DVD show "signs" of ripping?

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Sorry, I meant in the sense of a different ripping program that would alter the DRM in a way that would cause the DVD to show obvious signs of ripping.

Lordy. You do realise that DVDs with feature films on are read-only, yes? So how on earth is a DVD going to "show obvious signs of ripping", given that ripping simply involves putting the DVD into a drive just like you would if you were just going to watch it? :confused:

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
I was just experimenting to see if it would work. Never watched Jumper and now I don't think I will. Now I personally didn't think Edge Of Darkness was too bad, but that's a personal preference.

Jumper was fine as long as you just enjoy the ride. Type of movie you don't want to think to hard.

Cheers,

PrinceValium

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011
How do I DELETE handbrake??? I dragged the file to the trash but it keeps saying it is in use! (when it clearly is not!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.