Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Hey Im new to Itunes and I have a set of cds say the set is called Open Heavens and it has 4 cds in it. Is there a way I can put all 4 in one album. Im going to sync it over to my ipod so I want it to show me when I click on music the name of the series then I click on it which will be open heavens then inside I will have the choice from my 4 cds. I dont know if that would be called an album but if anyone knows how to do what Im talking about I could use your help, Thanks.

Caleb531

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2009
Right-click the album (easiest way to do this is in Grid View) and choose Get Info. Under the Info tab, you can then edit each album name to the same name.

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Right-click the album (easiest way to do this is in Grid View) and choose Get Info. Under the Info tab, you can then edit each album name to the same name.
Ok I got one album called Reality of Supernatural and other called Angelic host and Im trying to figure out how to put Angelic host into Reality of Supernatural. Im not having any luck doing what you suggested. Am I doing it wrong? Can this be done?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Ok I got one album called Reality of Supernatural and other called Angelic host and Im trying to figure out how to put Angelic host into Reality of Supernatural. Im not having any luck doing what you suggested. Am I doing it wrong? Can this be done?
  1. Select all song tracks in the Reality of Supernatural album.
  2. With all songs in the album selected, press Command+i (Get Info)
  3. Select the Info tab (out of the Info, Video, Sorting, Options tabs)
  4. In the Album field, it should say "Reality of Supernatural"
  5. Change it to "Angelic host"
  6. You should also change the Album Artist to the same Album Artist that appears in the "Angelic host" album.
  7. Click OK

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
  1. Select all song tracks in the Reality of Supernatural album.
  2. With all songs in the album selected, press Command+i (Get Info)
  3. Select the Info tab (out of the Info, Video, Sorting, Options tabs)
  4. In the Album field, it should say "Reality of Supernatural"
  5. Change it to "Angelic host"
  6. You should also change the Album Artist to the same Album Artist that appears in the "Angelic host" album.
  7. Click OK
I tried that and this is what its doing, I printed the screen and saved it in word so you could see.
The first one is what I changed from Reality of Supernatural and its still showing that I have 4 albums instead of combing the 2. See what I really wand is its a 4 cds in set and the first cd is Reality of Supernatural is there anyway to put Angelic host in that album so when I click on it it will show Reality of Supernatural and Angelic Host in one Album then I still have 2 more cds to upload I want in one Album, but Id like to keep the name of cd so I know what it is when I click on album. I tried doing what you said but I dont think thats what I want, it shows 4 albums total now it didnt combine the 2 at least I dont think.

Attachments

• ItunesHelp.doc
    179.5 KB · Views: 407

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I tried that and this is what its doing, I printed the screen and saved it in word so you could see.

First, when you take a screen shot, don't put it in a Word doc. Upload the image (.jpg, .png, etc.) rather than using Word. It's much simpler and more efficient.

Second, your screen shot doesn't show the Album or Album Artist columns.

Third, if you have a multi-disc album, it should have the same Album and Album Artist, and have the appropriate Disc numbers, like this:
Screenshot  3.PNG

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
First, when you take a screen shot, don't put it in a Word doc. Upload the image (.jpg, .png, etc.) rather than using Word. It's much simpler and more efficient.

Third, if you have a multi-disc album, it should have the same Album and Album Artist, and have the appropriate Disc numbers, like this:
Ok I guess I wasn't explaining good, My cds are in a case or a set and theres multiple cds in case. I want done what you showed me on your image but like the 2 cds that I uploaded so far one is called Angelic Host and other Reality of Supernatural and also the whole set which contains the cds is called Reality of Supernatural like since thats also set name I could just use call the first cd Reality of Supernatural 1. So my album names are going to be different but I want it like your showing me all in one place but with the different album names so when I click on my music on my ipod and select Reality of the Supernatural it will have all the cds in one place. can it be done thall they are in same place like what Im wanting? I really appreciate your guys help, and thankyou.

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
Do I understand it right, you want all the CDs to be the same "album", but you want them to have different names? If so, I don't think you can do that. However, why not just create a playlist with all the tracks from the CDs in it? In my opinion, playlists are the way to go with iTunes, not albums. You can always have playlists that contain single albums, if that's how you usually like to listen to stuff, but it will also let you combine material from multiple albums whenever you want to change things up a bit.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
The closest you can get is to select all the songs of all the related CDs, select Get Info, and check the "Part of Compilation" checkbox.

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010

How do I upload a image when I take a screen shot like you did? I got mine like yours but when I sync to my ipod touch it is putting them in 2 different albums when they have the same album name and album artists. I will show you the image but whenever I try to upload it doesnt show up as a thumbnail like yours did and I could use some help on how you did that. Thanks.

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010

Ok heres what mine is doing and I have same Album name and Artist but when I Sync it to my ipod its coming up in 2 different albums, when I want one like that guy in post # 6.

Attachments

• ITunes Album.jpg
    ITunes Album.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 752

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Ok heres what mine is doing and I have same Album name and Artist but when I Sync it to my ipod its coming up in 2 different albums, when I want one like that guy in post # 6.
The album names are different.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
No they are the same. I don't know why its cutting part of the name off but when I click on both they are spell exactly the same, Reality of the Supernatural.
Check again.
One says "Reality of the Supernatural"
One says "Reality of Supernatural"
ITunes Album.jpg

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It still shows up as 2 on the ipod after I fixed that and Synced it.
For all tracks of an album to sort together, all tracks must have matching data in the following fields:
  • Album
  • Sort Album
  • Album Artist
  • Sort Album Artist

DustinC1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
For all tracks of an album to sort together, all tracks must have matching data in the following fields:
  • Album
  • Sort Album
  • Album Artist
  • Sort Album Artist

So when what is difference when I hit get info and it has
Artist
Album Artist
Album
Grouping

that and if you select sorting tab it has
Sort Artsit
Sort Album Artist
Sort Album
Sort Composer
?
When they finally came together in one album all I did was selected all 16 tracks hit get info and put in Album Artist Todd Bentley and it put them together.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
So when what is difference when I hit get info and it has
Artist
Album Artist
Album
Grouping

that and if you select sorting tab it has
Sort Artsit
Sort Album Artist
Sort Album
Sort Composer
?
When they finally came together in one album all I did was selected all 16 tracks hit get info and put in Album Artist Todd Bentley and it put them together.
  1. Select all tracks of the album
  2. Get Info
  3. Enter "Todd Bentley" in the Album Artist field
  4. Enter "Todd Bentley" in the Sort Album Artist field
  5. Enter "Reality of the Supernatural" in the Album field
  6. Enter "Reality of the Supernatural" in the Sort Album field

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.