Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lumpyokc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010

I have an iPod touch 2g that was jailbroke using jailbreakme.com. After a few days it crashed. I went to restore it and iTunes won't recognize it so I can't even put it in DFU mode. Because mother one of the buttons work. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

slomifier

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
Because of your typo, I'm not 100% on your problem. Spell check please.

Anyways, DFU is ALWAYS possible. It's hardware, not software based, so even if your ipod is "bricked", DFU is possible; thus the iPod's claim that it is unbrickable.

If, by your typo you meant that one of the buttons required for DFU doesnt work, you might be SOL. I know there are programs you can get where you hook your ipod up to your computer, run the program, and it forces a DFU, but I cant recall what they are called.

Hope that helps

Lumpyokc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
When I hold both buttons down for 10 secs nothing happens. When unplug it in it shows the red low battery indicator then it goes into the apple boot logo then the spinning wheel stops. I then hold both buttons down and nothing happens. It's been plugged in 3 days

Lumpyokc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
It's powered off 100% of the time. And when I hold the buttons down nothing happens. I'm a 1st gen iPhone iPhone 3G and now I have the iPhone 4 and longtime Mac user. I know how to go into dfu mode and it's not happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.