Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Looking for something which supports pretty much all of MS Office products, Office 2010 included, allows PDF viewing and annotating (such as iAnnotate) and is compatible with SugarSync and DropBox. The best I could find was Docs to Go however their latest update has thrown everyone off and the reviews are now horrible, QuickOffice HD doesn't allow PPT editing whatsoever and iAnnotate is limited to PDFs only.
Any suggestions? (I'm sort of looking for 1 app which does it all).

Thanks,
SR

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.713 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

shadowness said:
as of yet nothing like you want is available! :(

Darn. Where are you developers lol.

ashVID

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
You would need about 7 different apps to cover all of your needs, even then, it would be sketchy. I've opted for Office2HD and Goodreader as a cheap solution hopefully waiting for someone to pull it all together.

ash =o)

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
saberahul said:
Looking for something which supports pretty much all of MS Office products, Office 2010 included, allows PDF viewing and annotating (such as iAnnotate) and is compatible with SugarSync and DropBox. The best I could find was Docs to Go however their latest update has thrown everyone off and the reviews are now horrible, QuickOffice HD doesn't allow PPT editing whatsoever and iAnnotate is limited to PDFs only.
Any suggestions? (I'm sort of looking for 1 app which does it all).

Thanks,
SR
I don't know of anything either but, if no one can come up with an immediate solution, then I suspect that your best medium-term bet might be to keep watching Docs to Go and QuickOffice HD. They're in such fierce competition with each other that I can't imagine D2G not fixing their problems and QO not adding PPT editing as soon as they can.

My requirements aren't as broad as yours but, even for my basic spreadsheets use, neither of them does everything I want yet (I've purchased both). For me D2G seems more feature rich but QO has a nicer UI.

- Julian

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I don't know of anything either but, if no one can come up with an immediate solution, then I suspect that your best medium-term bet might be to keep watching Docs to Go and QuickOffice HD. They're in such fierce competition with each other that I can't imagine D2G not fixing their problems and QO not adding PPT editing as soon as they can.

My requirements aren't as broad as yours but, even for my basic spreadsheets use, neither of them does everything I want yet (I've purchased both). For me D2G seems more feature rich but QO has a nicer UI.

- Julian

I agree. Thank you for your informative post. I will wait and watch them, I guess, to see which one can show better improvement. I also read that DTG customer service sucks which is huge let down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.