Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdf212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Has anyone found a decent source yet to stream/watch movies online with the iPhone yet at all?

calumn

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
Has anyone found a decent source yet to stream/watch movies online with the iPhone yet at all?

I haven't seen any, but if you are in the UK then you can stream straight from bbc iplayer - you get all the standard bbc iplayer tv programmes very soon after they have been on tv and it works great.

bisk

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2009
I use Air Movie to stream my movies from my home computer to my phone. Works great for watching movies on my phone when I'm at home too.

vdpoorten

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2010
Hello there are multiple websites for streaming movies. Veetle.com is an good free one.

Cheers

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I don't know about a source you can upload your videos to, but it is possible to upload them to your own server (if you have one).

In my case, there was a 3 minute video I needed to view on my iPhone, but did not have my USB wire handy. So I opened it in QuickTime, saved it as "iPhone (Cellular)", and uploaded it to my server. When I typed in the address on my iPhone, it took a while to load, and I was able to view it fine.

However, this was a 3 minute video. If you're trying to stream movies, I'm not sure how the load time and quality would play out.

Of course, this won't work for everyone, as not everyone has their own server to upload items to.

sec707

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
Streaming/Download Movies for iPhone, iPad, iPod

Here's 2 sites that has iPhone movie downloads and streaming movies you can watch online.
1.) http://www.freedomforiphonemovies.info
Has a lot of iphone movies most for download, but also has many movies you can watch online on your iPhone. Knack for getting DVD screener copies of movies not released yet or is still in theatres. Single file downloads.

2.) iPhone Moviez
Lots of movies and few streaming iPhone movies. Movies are broken in 4 or 5 separate parts to download. Kinda a bummer but tons of movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.