Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dan14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Hi,

Quick question - I had a load of ricky gervais audiobooks downloaded but had to reformat my laptop and iPhone so unfortunately lost everything. I've got most of my apps back which I purchased as it gives you the option of redownloading for free. I tried this with audiobooks but it wants me to purchase them again and usually at the point with an app it says redownload for free, it says it'll charge my card.

Does anyone know of a way to redownload purchased audiobooks?

Thank you!

Labaguette

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Good ol' Germany
Hello

AFAIK there's no option do redownload music/audio book content from the iTunes store. That's why iTunes tells you to make a Backup from time to time of your purchases.

Regards, Baguette

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Email iTunes and ask nicely and they might grant you a free redownload.

They've really confused this a bit seeing as you can redownload apps no problem.

btracy713

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2011
Delaware
everything in the cloud...except audiobooks

Thats really messed up, you can redownload most things. I'm going through the same thing with and audio book I purchased on my iPhone, people that back up to the cloud, get screwed out of their audiobooks because cloud back ups don't back them up or redownload to your device when you restore it from a back up. It's a big flaw in apples cloud system they need to correct. Audio books are not cheap, who want's to be screwed out of their content?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.