Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knicksfan58

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
i am looking to upgrade from the jbl creature speakers that i have hooked up to my mac. so far i like the cambridge soundworks megaworks 211 computer speaker system. does anyone have any experience with these? is there a significant difference between them and the creatures? are there any other reccomendations?

stillwater

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2004
Rowley, MA
knicksfan58 said:
i am looking to upgrade from the jbl creature speakers that i have hooked up to my mac. so far i like the cambridge soundworks megaworks 211 computer speaker system. does anyone have any experience with these? is there a significant difference between them and the creatures? are there any other reccomendations?

The megaworks system is based on the 821 subwoofer, which I wrote about in this thread.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/92146/

It's a great sub for the money, but I have noticed a little boominess in the upper part of it's range, but you can use iTunes graphic EQ to smooth it out.

Also, it has really decent amplifier power to drive the satellite speakers.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
knicksfan58 said:
:eek: whats wrong with the creatures? :) :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.