Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Iv'e received the new carbon fiber cases for the iPad from Moncarbone, which only make carbon fiber cases. Yes this is the real deal. These are super lightweight and they just easily snap on the back of the iPad. These come in both matte and glossy finishes. It's a bit hard to see the pattern on the matte because I guess it has this rough coating on it which I have no clue what it is but it does provide better grip than the glossy finished one. The texture is very 3D if you look at it closely (kinda made my crossed eye lol)

moncarbone%20ipad%20case%20carbon%20fiber%201.jpg
moncarbone%20ipad%20case%20carbon%20fiber%202.jpg

moncarbone%20ipad%20case%20carbon%20fiber%203.jpg
moncarbone%20ipad%20case%20carbon%20fiber%204.jpg

They are very thin so it's just like having a naked iPad, which I liked. But if you're not a carbon fiber lover, I wouldn't recommend these to you.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Carbon fiber is an rf inhibitor. I bought a genuine carbon fiber case for my iPhone and it dramatically reduced signal strength.

How did they solve that?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Carbon fiber is an rf inhibitor. I bought a genuine carbon fiber case for my iPhone and it dramatically reduced signal strength.

How did they solve that?

I dunno what you're talking about but Iv'e got a WiFi only iPad and I don't have any issues. There are some perforations at the top for the 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.