Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I'd rather not have to wait a week or more to get one. Pretty sure Apple doesn't carry them at all and I just tried Best Buy. Are they only sold online now? :(

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Thanks for the responses. Yeah both Apple stores close by don't carry them, or any screen protectors anymore. The closest according to that locator is 200+ miles away. I'll order it online I guess. :)

mgg

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Kadin and stringbeanie, I posted this on another thread. It might help you with the installation. Good luck!

<<I originally had the Zagg InvisibleShield and recently replaced it with the PS Anti-Glare shield. I didn't like the IS because it had a rubbery texture and I couldn't slide my finger across the screen.

I love the PS. The screen does seem a little fuzzier, but not enough to bother me. Fingerprints are pretty much non-existent (as was also the case with the IS).

To the poster who pointed out that the PS didn't come with any type of an installation kit: it's because there's no need for one. I think I've read the PS is held on by static cling.

I had mine installed at their Burbank store (for $5). The girl first cleaned the screen, then peeled off the entire backing off the PS. She lined it up at the bottom where the button is, then just slowly let it lay down on its own. When a bubble appeared, she just lifted the PS up and used a piece of Scotch tape to dab that spot. (Lint is what causes the bubbles.) She only came across one bubble when doing mine -- took less than a minute for her to do it from start to finish. (Mine had had the Zagg IS on since day one.)

Then she did my son's. She came across quite a few bubbles on his, one she couldn't get rid of no matter what. She ended up having to get a second shield, and that one went on without a hitch. (His hadn't had a shield.)

(FYI: Unless she could see something on the screen, all of the dabbing was done on the shield -- which probably picked up the lint off the screen.)

I have no idea how the SGP that you're comparing the PS to is installed, but if it's anything like how the IS is installed, there's absolutely no way I would even attempt it (what with all the liquid, squeegee-ing, etc.). As long as you can get the bottom lined up correctly on the PS, all you need is a piece of Scotch tape -- it pretty much installs itself.>>

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
another vote for J&R - I just picked up a Powersupport AG protector for my iPad from the J&R store in Manhattan a few days ago - they had ~50 in stock. none of the Apple retail stores I visited there or in Chicago carried any screen protectors for iPad (only iPod or iPhone)

the PS screen protectors are great, and WAY WAY easier to apply without bubbles or fuss than quite a few others I've tried on several iPod touches and iPhones.

I think this is because they are slightly thicker and stiffer and adhere with static cling, no messy wet application like some others. the scotch tape trick works if you do happen to get a dust particle underneath (the instructions clearly explain how to do it). mine installed easily without fuss

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.