Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAG3194

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
UPDATE: App is now approved and on the App Store.

Link: iSite HD App Store Link

http://unclemonkeytech.com/App/iSite.html

"We are proud to present iSite, the premier way to design web sites, right from your iPad. Imagine how much time you will save by building your fully-featured web site, right from your iPad. No matter where you are in the world, you can design, develop and publish professional and beautiful web sites with ease! Introducing iSite. Now you can use the mobile device you carry around anyways to prototype and produce web sites. iSite allows you to develop web sites using our WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface, which will let you drag the site components wherever you want on the page, because really, who needs to worry about HTML? ** FEATURES ** Native Rendering: iSite uses Safari's rendering engine, which allows it to guarantee that what you see is EXACTLY what is produced. Publish: iSite allows you to publish your web site from wherever you are using FTP. Custom Images: You can use photos from your photo library in the sites that you create!"

johnniewalker

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2006
Blackpool, England
While it's great that the iPad is getting a website creation app, the screenshots aren't very impressive, whilst my work as a Web designer makes me biased, I really don't see the point unless it can be as easy to use and produce functional and attractive websites as iWeb can.

iWeb itself is rather limiting anyway, although ok for basic sites.

I'm still hoping that an iPad version of iWeb will be released, although better support for drag n drop and text editors when using the ipads browser would be great, there are plenty of good online website creation tools!

deenybird

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Wow. I can't wait! Wait I'm sure this first implementation will be lacking, the sooner I get a viable dreamweaver alternative on my iPad the better.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
It won't get in with that name as apple don't like anyone use iAppname

You don't go to the App Store very often, do you?

iFitness
iGrenade
iInject
iDisplay
iManga
iRoadside
....and over 1600 other iPhone/iPad apps that begin with the letter "i"

mouthster

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
Ughhhhh. Just give me Coda on the iPad please. This sounds like a recipe for bad code.

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
I've tried it. It's not a bad basic editor, but has some pretty big limitations. Such as not being able to see the html code.
Using the WYSIWYG interface, I still ran into some pretty big limitations, like the lack of an ability to embed background images or video etc. It has potential, so it's not a bad version one, but it's not exactly Dreamweaver Touch just yet.

There is another editor which is pretty good (kinda) called eWebEditor. It has a split code/design view, like Dreamweaver and CSS features. Unfortunately it has one REALLY REALLY big bug, whenever you go to add an image, the program crashes. Not good at all.
But apart from that one MAJOR bug, that program does have the flexibility and potential to be Dreamwever for the iPad.

SAG3194

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I've tried it. It's not a bad basic editor, but has some pretty big limitations. Such as not being able to see the html code.
Using the WYSIWYG interface, I still ran into some pretty big limitations, like the lack of an ability to embed background images or video etc. It has potential, so it's not a bad version one, but it's not exactly Dreamweaver Touch just yet.

There is another editor which is pretty good (kinda) called eWebEditor. It has a split code/design view, like Dreamweaver and CSS features. Unfortunately it has one REALLY REALLY big bug, whenever you go to add an image, the program crashes. Not good at all.
But apart from that one MAJOR bug, that program does have the flexibility and potential to be Dreamwever for the iPad.

Yeah. We plan on adding the ability to edit the actual HTML right within the app. We are just scratching the surface on what we are going to build into this app.

eWebEditor is a good program but people who don't know how to code in HTML have a problem using it. Sure it gives you a split screen view but you can't edit using drag and drop elements.

Reddkryten

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
Ah thanks, glad to hear that the best is yet to come.

Though can a split view be included, even if it's only an option :D

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Your first (five star) review makes it sound as if that person has been has been using your app for weeks yet it was released today?

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Paid Reviewer Was Paid.

Looks pretty good though. I would like to see the ability to enable a split view.

And are you familiar with the iWebKit framework? It lets you create sites that look like iPhone webapps. It would be great if you could make a WYSIWYG editor for this framework to make great iPhone sites easily.
Demo

content
content

content

SAG3194

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
Your first (five star) review makes it sound as if that person has been has been using your app for weeks yet it was released today?

Beta testers of course.

Can't release an app of this stature without their feedback and obviously this one liked it enough to write a review about it. Although I could see this as a concern for me. I will let them know next time to wait so it is not confused with a fake review.

AshleyCarey

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2010
Seems like maybe a good app for people just starting a site, but I don't see any options to fetch the site I already have. Not even a settings button. Am I missing something?

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Will this be able to create your typical (no real web skills) type web site that most people use.

You know, some text in some areas, and images in others, with hotlinks on buttons or images.

You're typical photo's of me, and about me type home personal website?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.