Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beantown

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Boston
Hey guys, the other day I updated my Facebook app (the free regular one). When I tried using it after it wouldn't let me log in. It just gives me an error saying "Login Failed" etc... I know it's the right email/password. I don't know why it won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Bean:apple:

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I'm having a similar issue - when I open the app, it just says "error. unable to load the page". It's one of those things that doesn't bother me too much, so I haven't really looked in to what might be causing it.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Aside from uninstalling and reinstalling the app, is there much else you can try?

It could just be having issues at the moment. Works fine with me though.

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
seems to be an issue if you have bitesms installed, theres fixes posted around that involved removing entries from plist but I tried those and it only fixed it partially, so for now sticking with the previous version of facebook app

Beantown

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Boston
seems to be an issue if you have bitesms installed, theres fixes posted around that involved removing entries from plist but I tried those and it only fixed it partially, so for now sticking with the previous version of facebook app

Is there a way for me to go back to the previous version?

PrincessMelody

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
Charleston, SC
My facebook app is acting up today too...I could open it, but it was not allowing me to post. Chat was not working at all. I uninstalled/reinstalled...and so far so good. But the chat is still spotty...sometimes it works, sometimes not.

SpaceEdge

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I had the problem also, I assume your phone is jailbroken this is what fixed it for me.

Sbsettings--> Mobile Substrate Addons ---> Turn off iphoneDeliverMS

That fixed the problem for me. My phone is jailbroken but I don't have bitesms installed but I was having problems until i turned that off now it works.

I saw this posted in another thread, figured I would share.

Beantown

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Boston
I had the problem also, I assume your phone is jailbroken this is what fixed it for me.

Sbsettings--> Mobile Substrate Addons ---> Turn off iphoneDeliverMS

That fixed the problem for me. My phone is jailbroken but I don't have bitesms installed but I was having problems until i turned that off now it works.

I saw this posted in another thread, figured I would share.

Thanks man it worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.