Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brdwygurl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Is it possible to connect your iphone to your television to watch netflix?

thanks

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm assuming yes. Only with the Apple AV-Out cable. I know the iPad version of Netflix can output over VGA and the AV-Out cable, so the iPhone version might also do the AV-out and VGA (VGA out is only on the iPhone 4).

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
A dock to HDMI adapter would be absolutely amazing. However, with Monoprice apparently out of the game now, that seems pretty unlikely to happen.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
Iphone is too cool to be connected on TV.

Hold on there Sparky...;) I have an iPod Classic. I bought the cable set up from Apple that allows you to connect it to your TV.
I tried it with the iPhone 4.
Works like a charm! Set it up the exact same way I set up the iPod Classic. The only difference is that you don't get the text warning message asking whether you want the video signal to go out to the TV. It just happens when you start to play the movie on your iPhone 4.
Simple and easy! Love it when THAT happens!:)
NOW, having re-read the original question, I have yet to try it with Netflix. I'll see what happens and report back! It helps to read the question first before popping off! My bad...

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
I understand that you can do video out from the IP4, however, has anyone actually checked to see if you can stream it from the Netflix app out to your TV yet?

Eric

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I understand that you can do video out from the IP4, however, has anyone actually checked to see if you can stream it from the Netflix app out to your TV yet?

Eric

I have checked and Netflix did not work with the Apple's HD Cables on the iphone 4. Work great with my iPad but no go on the 4. I thought for sure it would work. Why include that in the iPad version but not the iPhone version. Seems strange but so is leaving out the ability to update your queue on the iPhone version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.