Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EddieMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Hey guys,

Kind of a noob question but when i boot up my mac i keep getting a message saying "Insecure Startup Item Disabled" "/Library/Startupitems/cma has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

I could really use your assistance on this one.

-Thanks

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Hey guys,

Kind of a noob question but when i boot up my mac i keep getting a message saying "Insecure Startup Item Disabled" "/Library/Startupitems/cma has not been started because it does not have the proper security settings.

I could really use your assistance on this one.

-Thanks

Do you have filevault or any 3rd party encryption programs running?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Can you remove the startup item? Just delete the folder that's listed if you don't need it.

Harmush

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Liverpool
is that safe to do though?

Have you/Do you have mcAfee anti-virus installed. I think the CMA folder in startup items has a connection to mcAfee and after uninstall it can cause some problems. I deleted the folder on my MBP with no problems.

But i'd try anything because i've been getting mega kernel panics connected to mcafee and MDS.process.

try clamxav if you want anti-virus, it picked up things mcafee didnt on its first run anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.