Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quadchick10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
I downloaded the app yesterday. I was able to watch movies all day without a problem. Today, I tried viewing some more shows and I get a message stating:
"Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com (105)".

Am I the only one experiencing this?

keifer64

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
re: Anyone else having problems with netflix?

It's working for me.... but there are numerous stops and starts... freezing etc.
I'm not sure if it's this damn ios4 or the service though... my money is on ios4 on my 3g

ddavid

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
I get frequent starts and stops too. I am on Wifi and using an iPhone 4. I think it's a Netflix issue.

quadchick10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
I am able to get right in, but when press "resume", it says "loading" and then I get that message. Oh well, I will delete the app and download it again. Maybe it will help. Thanks for your input guys!

quadchick10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Okay...I figured it out. I cancelled my credit card yesterday and forgot that Netflix also had my account. Well, until I updated my account they block you from using their service. I was worried that it was my Iphone. Well, I am up and running!! I am soooo glad I did not get rid of my unlimited data!!!

gmikesell

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
Love the Netflixs

The morning that Netflix released it worked great (wifi) and about noon it worked awesome (3G) but later that night while in bed it had bad stop and starts regardless if I was on wifi or 3G. I ended up deciding that 3G worked better so I finished my movie on 3G. Haven't had a problem since. I'm guessing it had a lot to do with Netflix servers getting maxed out. YouTube and other stuff like Pandora would stream just fine. I LOVE unlimited data Netflix! I gotta wonder if ATT is going to stop allowing unlimited data plans to be grandfathered with the next iphone upgrade and will offer early upgrades for those with unlimited data plans just to get people to surrender their unlimited data plan?

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
When I had the netflix/ipad hack it seemed to work almost flawless all the time over 3G.

The offical iphone app seemed to start and stutter over the weekend, but it may just be the servers like others said. This morning it was doing it also but for the moment it's streaming pretty good

When I heard Netflix and other streaming services were coming out I knew there was now way I was going to volunteer to give up my unlimited data.

The thing about netflix is that it adjusts your bitrate so two people could actually use more or less data than the other.

At work I'm streaming tv shows/movies, even made a little stand to hold my iphone, I may not watch the whole show but listen to it instead. I rather use my 3G connection than the company wifi/network, even though i'm the one who maintains it.

openappleV

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2011
I downloaded the app yesterday. I was able to watch movies all day without a problem. Today, I tried viewing some more shows and I get a message stating:
"Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com (105)".

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I was having the Error 105 on the Netflix App as well.

It was corrected when I logged out and applied the update in the App Store.
I don't know if logging out was needed. I was wanting to see if loggin out and back in would solve the problem, then I realized there were App updates.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.