Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grenity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Hey there, I brought home a new Sony Ericsson HBH-65 headset and was about set it up in combination with my bluetooth-enabled Power Mac G5. It's the dual 2,5GHz so every firmware and driver is up-to-date.

The device is found and successfully paired (with "Bluetooth Serial Utility") but apparently not recognized as a headset because the sound preferences don't show up any new input/output slots.

When trying to go with the Bluetooth Setup Assistant and choosing "Headset" as the device type, nothing's found either. Any ideas or experiences that might be of help? Thank you!

Grenity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Thanks for you reply. I did choose "Headset" as the device type, however, nothing is found. Are you using your HBH in combination with Apple's built-in bluetooth module?

Grenity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
I've fixed it! Let me post the solution in a few sentences: The manual says to press the power button for around 10 seconds for the headset to change to pairing mode. Its LED flashes green and red. While it does, set up a new bluetooth device and it's recognized as a headset!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.