Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
and I turn it on I get this:

Accessorize test

lcd=2

fw_detect=0
usb_detect=0
please plug FW

What do I do?

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
That's weird, sounds like some sort of debug mode. I only got to chose the language.

greenday123

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
NJ
Okay, what you are in now is called the "iPod Diagnostics" which is used for testing the ipod incase something goes wrong. Your iPod must of been shipped with it on somehow. Just hold down the Menu and the Center button for about 6 seconds or until the screen goes blank, then your iPod should boot up to the main menu.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Plug it into something to charge it (wall charger, computer, etc) and let it just charge for a while. If possible, plug it into something that won't try to sync it -- a computer that's sleeping, an Airport Express, a powered hub, etc. When it's done charging (give it several hours / wait till it says it's done), reset it -- which should be like this:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

If it still doesn't work, it probably has to go back to Apple. :(

Iphoneoshea

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
ipod diagnostic

Okay, what you are in now is called the "iPod Diagnostics" which is used for testing the ipod incase something goes wrong. Your iPod must of been shipped with it on somehow. Just hold down the Menu and the Center button for about 6 seconds or until the screen goes blank, then your iPod should boot up to the main menu.

how do you move on to the next screen from accessorize test it's just after freezing on me!!!!!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.