Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeo1069

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I keep getting two icons in my status bar and cant figure out what/how it is activated. The icons are a bell with a line thru it (guess is silence) and a speaker icon with three lines coming from it (guess means sound). There is not rhyme or reason when these show. I have to always respring to remove them. Can someone tell me how to stop them from appearing? I have "reminder" installed as well as Lockinfo.

I also am having issues with no ip4 speaker sound(not ringer) and inability to control speaker volume. I play games or ipod and have no sound or volume control. I have to reboot to get sound back. Not sure if this is related to my status icon issues tho.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'd like to know as well because now I keep getting the vibrate icon on my status bar. This is just in the last couple of days. And no, my phone isn't on vibrate.

tesilential

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
I keep getting two icons in my status bar and cant figure out what/how it is activated. The icons are a bell with a line thru it (guess is silence) and a speaker icon with three lines coming from it (guess means sound). There is not rhyme or reason when these show. I have to always respring to remove them. Can someone tell me how to stop them from appearing? I have "reminder" installed as well as Lockinfo.

I also am having issues with no ip4 speaker sound(not ringer) and inability to control speaker volume. I play games or ipod and have no sound or volume control. I have to reboot to get sound back. Not sure if this is related to my status icon issues tho.

I've played Archetype for like an hour then had the volume mysteriously cut out. And I have no sound in the game itself but I do on the menu screen, this also happened with RealRacing.

I think the phone thinks Ipod is overiding the game music, but I'm not using Ipod.

It is a mystery???

phonehead6720

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
I have the same issue - can't figure out where this came from, and it is random as when it shows up. Here's pic - thanks.

Attachments

• Icon.png
    Icon.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 5,689

phonehead6720

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2008
Yes the blue icon, which app is controlling whether this is shown? Where can I toggle this off? It looks like a speaker icon. Thanks.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
So here is my "rogue" status bar notification. I'm assuming it's telling me I'm in Vibrate mode, but it's on all the time whether or not the vibrate mode is engaged, either by the hardware switch or by any SBS toggle (I do not have a vibrate mode toggle installed).

Is there any way to turn off one type of statusbar notification? This is irritating.

Attachments

• photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    47 KB · Views: 124

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
So here is my "rogue" status bar notification. I'm assuming it's telling me I'm in Vibrate mode, but it's on all the time whether or not the vibrate mode is engaged, either by the hardware switch or by any SBS toggle (I do not have a vibrate mode toggle installed).

Is there any way to turn off one type of statusbar notification? This is irritating.

I get this Vibration type statusbar icon when i get a YAHOO IM.....not sure if its my notifier(w.reminder) doing this or if it is lockinfo though.

I know i never used to get this a few days ago when i got a Y-IM but i do now...it is OK by me now that i know what it is.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I get this Vibration type statusbar icon when i get a YAHOO IM.....not sure if its my notifier(w.reminder) doing this or if it is lockinfo though.

I know i never used to get this a few days ago when i got a Y-IM but i do now...it is OK by me now that i know what it is.

Mine just appeared a few days ago. I don't use Yahoo, so I'm leaning more towards LockInfo. Not a big deal, but it shouldn't be there.

myriad

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
PA
That red speaker-like icon is from the Notifications plugin in LockInfo. You can go here to turn it off:

Settings --> LockInfo --> Plugins --> Notifications --> Status Bar Icon

Set it to off, exit LockInfo, and respring.

S-

appreciated that.
Ur comment was very helpful.
I believe your word would be an exact solution for original question.

Dan4VT

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
What about this icon...

Just the other day after updating some cydia apps on my iPod Touch 3G, the bell icon showed up on my statusbar (see image below). I know it is for the ringer on an iPhone...but this is an iPod touch! Any idea how to get rid of this icon on my statusbar?

http://www.danandrebecca.com/uploads/IMG_0003.PNG

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Just the other day after updating some cydia apps on my iPod Touch 3G, the bell icon showed up on my statusbar (see image below). I know it is for the ringer on an iPhone...but this is an iPod touch! Any idea how to get rid of this icon on my statusbar?

http://www.danandrebecca.com/uploads/IMG_0003.PNG

Did you bother to look in LockInfo at all??

That bell icon with a slash through it is from LockInfo. It is displayed when you have the physical switch in silent mode. You can go here to turn it off:

Settings --> LockInfo --> General --> Silent Status Bar Icon

Set it to off, exit LockInfo, and respring.

S-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.