Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemmo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
I didnt find anything on this so here it is.

are you pissed off as me closing all the programs one by one running on background? Im not ,atleast not anymore.i found app called remove background.Just DL app from cydia and choose from activator (in program) where do you want it to Function (i have it on double tap statusbar) and everytime you want close all programs running on background just double tap statusbar and it closes everything (quite fast i must say) And you can also choose programs you dont want it to close.

Hemmo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
atleast i havent had any proplems with it,works like charmed!thought i have just used it for a day or so.

barneyevo

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2009
i've been using this for a few weeks now and it has been working flawlessly.
swipe the status bar, tap Remove BG, close sbsettings.
it really is that fast.

this is an absolute must have for anyone jailbroken on ios4+.
it is easilly up there with sbsettings/winterboard etc.

revirus

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Ty very much for the intro. I love this apps. It works just perfect. :)

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
On the fence with this one...

At first this sounds like a great utility, and I may give it a shot based on the positive feedback on this thread. However, iOS 4.0.1 seems to be pretty well thought out and executed and is working very well for me. Memory has not been an issue, nor have I seen any lag.

I am using "Remove Recents" from Cydia so that what stays in my task switcher is truly only those apps that are "backgrounded", not a list of every app you've opened since your last re-spring. That keeps the task switcher meaningful (to me).

Glad it's working for everyone, I may still install and play with it some!

ROCKERDAN

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
Ive been using "remove recents" all along,which does this automatically.

good to hear there is another one.

Psycwon

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2010
Works great for me. I had the removebg sbsettings toggle but as far as I know you couldn't add exceptions, which is really nice for programs you don't want to close. I set it to double tap status bar and it's super easy.

supervelous

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Just installed and it works great. I hesitate to assign it to Activator because I really can't think of what other options I have - I already use swipe status bar right for SBSettings, Swipe status bar left for Multiflow, double click home for Apple's task switcher, hold home does Voice Control, double tap status bar for iblacklist (hidden from springboard), swipe up from bottom for Notified Pro, pull down from status bar for QTweeter....lol

I did install this with the SBSettings toggle and plan to use it that way. Seems to work well with Remove Recents...Remove Recents will kill apps from the task switcher that are not truly backgrounded, then if you ever want to kill everything, you use Remove Background SB toggle.

For those saying Switcher Plus is better, can you provide specific reasons? Maybe I'll delete Remove Background and try that.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I see their are two "Remove Background" apps. One that is just "Remove Background" which works through activator and the other is Remove Background SBSettings Toggle.

I'm guessing the difference between the two is how you actually activate them? One through assigning a gesture through activator and the other through SBSettings.

Is the non SBSettings one where you can modify and change the settings around?

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
I see their are two "Remove Background" apps. One that is just "Remove Background" which works through activator and the other is Remove Background SBSettings Toggle.

I'm guessing the difference between the two is how you actually activate them? One through assigning a gesture through activator and the other through SBSettings.

Is the non SBSettings one where you can modify and change the settings around?

Remove Background is app while the other adds toggle (switch) to sbsettings. The toggle does nothing without the app.

And, yes, the Remove Background app allows you to add exception (apps that won't close).

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Remove Background is app while the other adds toggle (switch) to sbsettings. The toggle does nothing without the app.

Thank you. That's what I thought as well but all these youtube videos and reviews of the app just say to download the Remove Background SBSetting Toggle only, which confused me.

I just downloaded the app only and am using "Icon Spread" as my activator gesture since all my other gestures are assigned. Seems Activator is already quick enough that you don't need the SBSettings Toggle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.