Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkLuxe

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2010
I'm curious about this too. I did a forum search, and there was a bunch of information (though not much of it was helpful). With the TSS pending, can I stll do all the regular jailbreak stuff, or do I need to wait? Can I still download apps from Cydia while it's pending?

Jeffrosproto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
I'm curious about this too. I did a forum search, and there was a bunch of information (though not much of it was helpful). With the TSS pending, can I stll do all the regular jailbreak stuff, or do I need to wait? Can I still download apps from Cydia while it's pending?

Yup, everything works as normal. However, I wouldn't upgrade to 4.1 (when it comes out), until the TSS request is no longer pending.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
What does this mean at the top of cydia when I log in?

That just mean that Cydia have you in the queue to request your SHSH blobs from the Apple server and storage for you to be able to use it later (if you need to).

the thing is since the JB just came out yesterday the queue must be 10 miles long, and surik cannot make request to the Apple server that often or his IPs will get banned.

So just sit tight and wait, you'll your SHSH store in cydia soon enough.

Alternative you can just google iphone firmware umbrella and use that to storage your SHSH blobs yourself (it won't hurt)

Hope it help

Lefty29

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2010
This means you have pressed the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia, and it is attempting to backup your SHSH Blobs (You want this, trust me). To ensure that it happens before Apple stop signing the 4.01 firmware since this particular jailbreak exploit will be patched with the QUICKNESS, you may want to google The Firmware Umbrella and back them up that way. For more info read http://www.saurik.com/id/12

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
This means you have pressed the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia, and it is attempting to backup your SHSH Blobs (You want this, trust me). To ensure that it happens before Apple stop signing the 4.01 firmware since this particular jailbreak exploit will be patched with the QUICKNESS, you may want to google The Firmware Umbrella and back them up that way. For more info read http://www.saurik.com/id/12

So... What happens if we're too late? Apple's not signing anymore.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
So... What happens if we're too late? Apple's not signing anymore.

All you can now is get 4.0.2 and whatever versions come in the future. If you didn't get 4.0.1 or earlier, you can't downgrade to any of those versions and you have to stay on 4.0.2 until a new version comes along.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
So - I clicked "Make my life easier" to back up SHSH blobs via Cydia. Unbeknownst to me at the time, Apple may well have ceased signing for 4.0.1. Thinking I was covered, I proceeded with the jailbreak w/out using the Umbrella method to back up my SHSH blobs myself. I assume that unless Apple signs my Cydia backup, I'm SOL if I need to restore my iPhone for any reason?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
So - I clicked "Make my life easier" to back up SHSH blobs via Cydia. Unbeknownst to me at the time, Apple may well have ceased signing for 4.0.1. Thinking I was covered, I proceeded with the jailbreak w/out using the Umbrella method to back up my SHSH blobs myself. I assume that unless Apple signs my Cydia backup, I'm SOL if I need to restore my iPhone for any reason?

Use umbrella to try to request your 4.0.1 SHSH (under the advanced options). If it is able to retrieve it, then your 4.0.1 SHSH is on-file. Otherwise, you are indeed SOL for this jailbreak.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky

If cydia couldn't request them then neither could you using tiny. It's like trying to get on a train at the station but the train left before you got there, it's not going to happen no matter how you look at it.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
If cydia couldn't request them then neither could you using tiny. It's like trying to get on a train at the station but the train left before you got there, it's not going to happen no matter how you look at it.

I see - that makes sense. So no matter how I attempted to back up SHSH blobs, it's not happening after the 17th of August... Should have jailbroken earlier I suppose... Thanks for the clarification, though...

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
So... Yesterday I had the message "This device has a pending TSS request" when I opened Cydia. Today, the message says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2"

I didn't do anything different. I'm assuming this is good. Right???

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
So... Yesterday I had the message "This device has a pending TSS request" when I opened Cydia. Today, the message says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2"

I didn't do anything different. I'm assuming this is good. Right???

It means you can always install 4.0.2 firmware even when Apple move onto 4.1, 4.2 and so on. Also, in the future, Cydia will auto save 4.1, 4.2 and etc.

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
It means you can always install 4.0.2 firmware even when Apple move onto 4.1, 4.2 and so on. Also, in the future, Cydia will auto save 4.1, 4.2 and etc.

Thanks. So, since there's no jailbreak for 4.0.2... this doesn't mean a whole lot to me for now then, right? Still screwed if I needed to restore tomorrow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.