Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I found a some instructions to add US Holidays to my iPad Calendar. Here they are if you're interested.

1. Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Under Accounts, tap Add Account
3. Tap Other
4. Under Calendars, tap Add Subscribed Calendar
5. In the Server box, type http://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
6. Tap Next
7. Tap Save (no other entries needed)

When you go to the Calendar app, you see the holidays listed. If you decide you no longer want the holidays, you can delete the account in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

:apple:

ItalianBoston

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Boston
Clicking the link did nothing for me.
I tired it the way the original poster said and it froze my iPad and then restarted on it own. Once restarted it is freezing and not working correctly. It also won't charge. WTF?????

iPagan

macrumors regular
May 31, 2010
Chinese Holidays

Anyone knows how I can add Chinese holidays to my iPad Calendar?

There is a free download of Chinese calendars plug in at Apple's website for the calendar in Snow Leopard.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
Working by just clicking it for me.. Though I had to refresh the new page and then it asked if I wished to the calendar.
Using safari....

And thank you !

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
I didn't see any options for other countries; only US. Maybe someone on here knows how other countries can be installed.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
This was really great -- thanks, LadyHoneyBabe! I found that by doing it manually that I could add it to the iPhone as well, and then I went in in and did it on iCal in the computer, too.... In iCal on the computer you open iCal, then go to "find subscriptions...." and that takes you to a whole listing of them, including, yes, holidays for other countries. You then click on the one you want to download and install into your iCal and voila!

DaWeav

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
As for me being an Android owner and already having a lot of stuff setup on Google, I used the Exchange to Gmail iPad email setup trick on my shinny new iPad to sync my Google Gmail/Contacts/Calendar with my iPad, and then setup Google Sync on the web to sync all my Google Calendars I have setup and subscribe to with my iPad which for me includes the U.S. Holidays. Now, I can just toggle on and off showing any of the Google calendars inside the iPad Calendar app easily.

It's so funny when I think about it now. I'm on an Apple iPad, using a Microsoft Exchange connection feature to get Google services. Who says they all don't play well together...:p

However, were the calendar developer members at Apple asleep during development of the iPad??? After all, the iPad's calendar app doesn't allow me to swipe to turn any pages!!! All those other apps swipe, flip, and turn pages, but not this native Apple calendar app. It seems like the Apple calendar developers must have scheduled their vacations during development, no pun intended.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I tried it on my iPhone by going to the link in Safari. Then it asked if I wanted to subscribe to the calendar and I confirmed. But now all of my previous Calendar events have been replaced with the holidays. How do I get my old events back?

Edit: Never mind, I just clicked "Calendars" on the top left in the app and clicked "All from My Mac".

LadyHoneyBabe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
This was really great -- thanks, LadyHoneyBabe! I found that by doing it manually that I could add it to the iPhone as well, and then I went in in and did it on iCal in the computer, too.... In iCal on the computer you open iCal, then go to "find subscriptions...." and that takes you to a whole listing of them, including, yes, holidays for other countries. You then click on the one you want to download and install into your iCal and voila!

you're welcome. :) Thanks for the 'find subscriptions' in iCal. Here's the link if anyone wants to search for additional calendars.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.