Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dudumaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Hii all,

I am going to be in Hong Kong for three days in the end of September,
And I thought of buying Iphone 4 there .. Do you know where can I buy it ? Or do you have some tips for me ? Did someone bought its Iphone 4 there ?

I am going to stay there in an hotal so I can't order the Iphone on-line and made it delivered to me ...

Thanks a lot for your help

Dudum

tonyunreal

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
First of all, if you're gonna just walk into a retailer store and expect to get one from their stock, expect to pay DOUBLE the official price at least.

Or you can purchase from Apple's online store and wait several weeks like the others, and the delivery is indeed pretty random, I would say a three-day window definitely isn't viable for you find a match between your schedule and the estimated ship date.

I haven't got the time to read the whole article carefully but it seemed to match what I've heard from other people.

dudumaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Thanks for your help.

I don't think that I will be able to buy from "three " cause they need a Current mobile network provider...and from the apple store , I think that tonyunreal is right ..

so unfortunately I think it is impossible to buy IPHONE 4 in Hong Kong ( but I am still hoping that someone will prove me wrong ...) .

What do you think about buying the Iphone 4 from Australia ?

zentenk

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I'm not 100% sure but when the iPhone 4 first came out in beginning of AUG if you sign a contract with 3HK and immediately cancel it later they charge you the iPhone 4's offical cost + $500HKD penalty(which is around $64USD or so). Dont know if they changed the rules though.

shadowjeff

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
order from the apple online store and get it to ship to a hk address, someone you know... it way faster... Places such as mongkok or some computer center stores has it and they are listed at authorized dealer but they are still selling it grey-market price. Or you can get it from 3 shop but i think you have to sign a contract. You might be able to get it at no contract price though, try asking.

mikechan1234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Just came back from HK a week and a half ago, they're flying off the shelves fast. Count yourself lucky if you manage to get one from a premium reseller there. Else prepared to get bumped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.