Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
My :apple:TV no longer shows up in the new iTunes and it is even missing from iTunes Prefs... poof...gone.

Anyone else have the same experience? Any suggestions to get my Apple TV showing again...Thanks..

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Close iTunes nd reopen it.

If that doesn't work, unplug the power cord to the Apple TV and plug it back in.

If that doesn't work, reset your wireless router.

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
Its not that iTunes does not see my Apple TV, which it doesn’t..the issue is Apple TV is missing from Preferences section of iTunes... I think it should be there. Open your prefs in iTunes there should be an Apple TV section like there is one for the iPhone... but mine has gone missing.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Try going into the Apple TV computers sections, and try to re sync your library with the computer.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Worked for me. I hadn't noticed that Apple TV wasn't showing in my iTunes library. (it wasn't so thanks for pointing that out.) So first I rebooted ATV, it said it had an update - I updated it. Then I went to settings > computers > told it to sync with my <username> library. It generated a 5 digit code. Then I went back to my computer - and iTunes told me to enter the code - and that was that. Now all my media is there (which it was before), I'll just have to be sure it actually syncs when/if I make any changes.

JUST NOTICED. IT'S NOT LISTED UNDER DEVICES. So I can play things that are all ready on it, but it doesn't seem to be syncing or recognized as a device by iTunes???

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Personally, my Apple TV never disappeared from devices after I upgraded iTunes.

Same here. Mine worked fine when I upgraded to iTunes 10. Had it happen in the past, though. Each time I had to disconnect from iTunes from the ATV and then re-add it and re-sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.