Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShStylo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I just drained my battery for the first time, only took about an hour to charge to 100%. I'm worried I may have a faulty battery as on the site it says

Charging times: Fast charge in about 2 hours (80% capacity), full charge in about 4 hours.

Can anyone confirm? My first cycle lasted me for about 2 days with probably 2 hours of gaming and couple hours of just dling, installing, playing with different apps. Didn't really listen to any music and I left the Wifi and Skype on for 2 nights.

Thanks.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
You should probably just wait till you charge it again to compare.

I just charged mine earlier from 20% and it took around 2hrs for completion. I also thought it took a little quicker than what I'm used to with previous models, but this is also a new ipod as of a few days ago, so I'll be doing more comparisons later on after a couple more charges/cycles.

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
I just drained my battery for the first time, only took about an hour to charge to 100%. I'm worried I may have a faulty battery as on the site it says

Charging times: Fast charge in about 2 hours (80% capacity), full charge in about 4 hours.

Can anyone confirm? My first cycle lasted me for about 2 days with probably 2 hours of gaming and couple hours of just dling, installing, playing with different apps. Didn't really listen to any music and I left the Wifi and Skype on for 2 nights.

Thanks.

Gaming is a battery killer.

RIght now I am doing a battery test. I'm running videos at 50%, wifi OFF, and volume at 50%. So far I'm at 4:25, and the battery indicator is at 50%. Specs call for 7 hours of runtime while watching video...

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
By 100% do you mean the electrical cord sign on the battery status?

Attachments

• ipod touch battery.png
    ipod touch battery.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,885

dmunz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2010
Using Batter Doctor, it took 2 hours and 38 minutes to do a full cycle charge from 10% on my 32g. This was the first charging out of the box.

FWIW
DLM

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009

not necessarily. A surface charge can cause that icon to display. charge another hour or so, to be sure you get a FULL charge. Also, as a touch owner for about 2 years I can tell you that icon displays SOMETIMES when the battery is low and first plugged in. (we have a couple of 2G touchs, and now a 4G) It's not infallible.

ShStylo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007

I'm using Battery Magic to gauge my battery percentage. Not sure if it is the most accurate thing in the world but it's one of the top apps so I thought it'd be good.

Is Battery Doctor better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.