Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applealex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
California
The iPhone has had it since the 3GS I believe and the iPod touch 3G didn't have it due to engineering issues or whatever lame excuse was flying around but what about the 4? Why has Apple omitted this from the iPod touch?

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
None of the iPod touches have the battery indicator. For whatever reason, Apple thought it would be better on the iPhone, which is stupid.

So, unless you know the plist file or have your iPod jailbroken, there's no way to get the battery indicator.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
One more reason to jailbreak your iPod. Also I hate having to go to the settings menu to change the brightness and the rotation setting, so SBsettings is a must for me!

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Funny, I have an iPod Touch 4g withOUT the battery percentage indicator.

Care to share?

Yes I am 4.1.

yellowballoon

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010
There is no need to jailbreak the 4G for battery percentage. There's plenty of free battery apps that tells you percentage, and also can break the percentage down for apps/ games/ wi-fi/ music ect...I use Battery Magic and it works fine. Simple!

st0ner

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
this is just weird, here is a screenshot of my 4th gen iPod touch with the percentage indicator...

Attachments

• IMG_0259.PNG
    IMG_0259.PNG
    890.5 KB · Views: 3,762

JoeShades

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
There is no need to jailbreak the 4G for battery percentage. There's plenty of free battery apps that tells you percentage, and also can break the percentage down for apps/ games/ wi-fi/ music ect...I use Battery Magic and it works fine. Simple!

yes but don't you have to open these type of apps to see the %? i think most people want the % up in the corner

st0ner

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
lol, forgot about that, yes i did,

Probably the SBsettings settings carried over (i had a 1st gen with the battery percentage indicator on) :)

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
I'm pretty sure that i saw it in one of the first video-reviews on YT or 've read in in one of those first rviews and some guy mentioned, that battery% is now available thru settings on the new ipt. but can't confirm, since my ipt didn't even ship yet.

Blackened

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
My 4G has it too, but it's because it held over from the jailbreak on my 3G.. apparently it saves the settings in iTunes. The name on the left as well. Not sure if it was "make it mine" or one of those.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure that i saw it in one of the first video-reviews on YT or 've read in in one of those first rviews and some guy mentioned, that battery% is now available thru settings on the new ipt. but can't confirm, since my ipt didn't even ship yet.

Would love for someone to point out where it is found. On the IP4 it's under General/Usage, but IPT4 doesn't have a usage tab obviously.

Abscissa

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2010
VA
Would love for someone to point out where it is found. On the IP4 it's under General/Usage, but IPT4 doesn't have a usage tab obviously.

Just went through everything on the IPT4 settings. Nothing about it. Mine does have it and I have that battery doctor pro app. Got it free back in the day. Although, that app says "Unknown iPod" and gives you iPhone battery specs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.