Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1o2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Hello everybody

I am a newbie to this forum and new to Mac. i have some questions i would like to ask you guys.

I just bought a Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz 2ram for $400 (yes $400) from the craiglist. i upgraded up to 8GB Ram for $180.

The MAC is running great so far. i have made some beats on logic (i like it very much, a lot of sounds).

Can i upgraded it to Intel chip in other to use After Effect and Adobe Premiere?. Because i cant install it into the system. well i tried and it didnt work.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
Sadly, no. PPC and Intel are not at all interchangeable. The closest thing you could do to that is gut it and make a hackintosh, which would be expensive and very time consuming, and would be hard to maintain.

1o2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
So there no way that i can run After Effects and Adobe Premiere in this Operating System?

It took me a lot of time to learn and develop skills from After Effects. I dont want to jumping around for other programs and start over again. So I just wanted to focus on After Effects.

There is FinalCut in the system but i dont know how to use it and dont like to use it.

I did a little research about the hackintosh. It is too risky.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Just find the older versions and you should be okay. There is very little between the versions of Adobe software. Photoshop has been the same exact thing year after year, just different splash. Since it is a G5 and you've totally maxed it out, emulation wouldn't hurt and you could run Leopard/Snow Leopard in full screen.

1o2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
the seller also gave me the Mac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.4. is this the one you were talking about? is it good to install? because the system is running 10.5.8 already.

1o2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Okay, thanks for the input guys. i appreciated it.

Will try it later.

RsBddy929

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2010
Michigan/Georgia
So there no way that i can run After Effects and Adobe Premiere in this Operating System?

It took me a lot of time to learn and develop skills from After Effects. I dont want to jumping around for other programs and start over again. So I just wanted to focus on After Effects.

There is FinalCut in the system but i dont know how to use it and dont like to use it.

I did a little research about the hackintosh. It is too risky.

The Adobe CS3 Suite runs beautifully on my G5.

1o2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
The Adobe CS3 Suite runs beautifully on my G5.

Oh okay, I dont have CS3. But i do have After Effects 7 Pro. I bought it long time ago when i first attended college.

But I cant find AE plugins for mac thoug. The one i have is for Win and it doesnt work for Mac. Poor Poor.

Can any one help me out with that?

1o2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Mate, ae cs3 and all the other cs3 crap works like a charm on ppc:)

So i just installed cs3 into my system. for some reasons adobe encore and adobe premiere didnt work. does anybody knows why?

Im running os 10.5.8, g5 2.5 quad.

I dont want to create the new thread. so im using the old one. lol.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
i guess i can
Troubleshoot installation and startup issues in Adobe Encore CS3 on Mac OS X

1. Make sure that the system meets the minimum requirements for Encore.
Encore may not install or start correctly on a system that doesn't meet the following requirements:

Intel-based Apple Macintosh, desktop, iMac, or MacBook Pro
Mac OS X v10.4.9
1 GB RAM
2.5 GB of available hard-disk space (5 GB free space required during installation)
1,280 x 960 video display with 32-bit color adapter
SuperDrive for installation and DVD burning. Blu-ray burner required for creating Blu-ray discs.
QuickTime 7.1.2 software required for multimedia features
Internet or phone connection required for product activation
Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe Stock Photos* and other services

here read what runs on the G5
of the master collection CS3 which includes all the adobe stuff encore premiere pro .... really, but with a G5 .. not a chance some things just require a intel Mac for some products

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402429.html

if you want to have everything working then you need CS2 or CS1 or even earlier
sorry thats adobe thats why flashplayer does not work proper on PPC macs
they just dont like PPC Mac's at Adobe and had been happy when apple announced the intel transition
like mentioned in that article from adobe :

Multi-core Intel processors required. (Photoshop Extended, Illustrator, Flash Professional, After Effects Professional are Universal Binary and also work on Power PC G4 or G5 processors), but everything else bad luck with a G5

so it will run on a Mac mini 1.66 (intel )with 2 gb ram and 64mb vram ,but not even on a PowerMac G5 quad maxed out with 16gb ram and 256mb vram

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.