Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fv1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Hello,
I just bought iPhone 3GS which was unlocked.
It's camera was frozen and I read online and connected to the iTunes and restored the phone - probably did wrong.
Now, it's in the mode where it shows the picture where I need to connect the iPhone to the iTunes and it gives me only emergency call options.

The phone is 3GS 16GB, I don't know about the firmware.
When it is connected to the iTunes, it only says: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

I have a T-Mobile sim card, not AT&T.
My laptop is a MacBook version 10.4.11

How could I activate this phone so I could start using it?

Thanks for help!

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
It sounds like you restored it to the latest firmware, 4.1 which can't be unlocked at this time.

All you can do is wait until an unlock comes soon which will be after the jailbreak.

fv1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Thanks a lot for the help!

But how could I get the phone out of the mode: when it is connected to the iTunes, it only says: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

So, I could get it to work (not calling or texting) and maybe can listen music for so long :)

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Thanks a lot for the help!

But how could I get the phone out of the mode: when it is connected to the iTunes, it only says: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

So, I could get it to work (not calling or texting) and maybe can listen music for so long :)

Do you have a friend who will allow you to borrow their AT&T sim card for a minute? Do you have a non activated new AT&T sim card? If so, you can activate the AT&T sim card on the AT&T GoPhone website and just not add any funds to the account. The sim card will activate the iPhone. You can stop at an AT&T store and ask for a sim card. You would also need a GoPhones IMEI # and you can find some by searching Google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.