Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mojoe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
I've been using AirVideo for streaming AVIs but it kills battery. With VLC out for the iPad, are there any similar apps for the iPhone?

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
VLC is being ported to iphone too. though any video player not using quicktime library to play video will suck battery like no tomorrow I'm sure.

ivan300

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
I use Streamtome, Its similar to Airvideo but it streams music and vidoes.

if you're jailbroken there is an app called yxflash which can play xvid.

lily69

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
I use Media Browser, with TVersity, plays divx and mkv, basically anything. On iPod 4G and iPhone 4, both very well. Music and photos works too. The DLNA thing is so nice, there are lots of server choices, not all will play divx though.
And my 8G iPod or 16G iPhone never have to install too much videos and don't occupy my small storages.

mojoe24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
I'm more interested in being able to put MKV on teh phone. Airvideo is great for streaming, but like i said it kills battery.

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
I'm more interested in being able to put MKV on teh phone. Airvideo is great for streaming, but like i said it kills battery.

I've been using airvideo to just convert all the non iphone compatible video. Than I can just drag it into itunes and sync is over and play via ipod player on iphones. works fine

Evgenyy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
OPlayer? Works great on my iPhone and iPad, though it can sometimes get out of sync with some videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.