Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
My 2 cents

Well i am getting my iPad in 13 days and plan on getting an invisible shield before I even turn it on. Well now im wondering which case. I'm stuck between these 2:

A. incase book jacket for iPad - http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/book-jacket-cl57511

B. Apple case - http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC361ZM/B?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc&mco=MTc0Njk0ODM

Thank you for your help.

:eek::mad::rolleyes::apple::apple::cool::p;):apple::apple::D:eek::(:apple::apple::):apple::confused::apple:

First of all congratulations on your iPad. You will love it. I have had the 3G
since the day it first came out in the US and still absolutely love it.

I tried the invisible shield (professionally installed at the mall kiosk) and hated it. It had a sticky feeling which took away from the whole smooth swiping of the iPad screen. It also had some see through red lines when viewing white screens. I've been told they are stretch marks. I could have had it reinstalled but I totally hated the tacky feel so I took it off in 3 days. IMHO total waste of money. I did quite a bit of research and ended up trying the Power Support screen protector. I tried the anti-glare first which did reduce glare and also drastically reduced fingerprints. The only draw back was that it diminished the clarity slightly. So off that one came as well. Then I tried the Power Support crystal clear and absolutely love it. Feels the same as a naked screen - can't tell it is even on the screen and no fuzziness with clarity. It was fairly easy to install with some patience.

As for the cases - the two you mentioned I would choose the InCase.b I originally bought the Apple case and loved it in every way. I didn't even mind the constant cleaning until it wouldn't come clean anymore. It lasted about 3 months and then no matter what I did I couldn't get all the smudges off. 75% would come clean and the rest would not. I don't know much about the case you mentioned. I have tried out numerous cases and find for my needs the best are the Yoobao slim and the Cyber Acoustics.

SteveKnobs

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
CMU
The Apple case is perfect as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't look like the Incase can be propped up for typing either, which is a major plus for the :apple: case.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Congrats on the iPad.

My thoughts are having both that the Convertible Book Jacket is a GREAT at home case - the Apple case is the most versatile at home/on the road case out there.

So more information on where you will use it would be helpful.

If you want some more complete thoughts about the Book Jacket - take a listen to episode 33 of my iPad Possibilities Podcast - a side note - it's even better than when I recorded the show - they have added a little velcro piece that keeps the iPad inside and that is a huge win.

IPP 0033 - WT: Convertible Book Jacket Revisited and More Jailbreak Possibilities

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
I've tried both. I ended up with the apple case. The incase is really nice, but it was a little bulky for me. The footprint is too large when using it as a stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.