Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonySager

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Is their a way to search the iBook store online like in iTunes or a site without an iPad? I am looking to buy an iPad for textbooks but want to see if they have some books available. ie: Fundamentals of Business (anyone mind searching that one for me?)

thanks guys

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I don't think it can be done.

However, you could go to your local BB or Apple Store or possibly an Apple Retailer and use one of the demo units to check out the availability of the books you need.

Tofaha

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
MI
i dont have my ipad on me...can someone do a quick search of "pcat" in ibooks and see if anything comes up? thanks!:eek:

tico24

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Eastleigh, UK
"pcat" on the UK Bookstore from my iPhone doesn't bring back any results (other than the store saying "Did you mean 'cat'?")

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
YEah, Books on iBooks are very limited, I would recomend using Kindel app and search for ebooks on Amazon, their library is on the few hundred thousand books

rjincan

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011
Hey guys,

I don't have an iPad yet but have my eye on the iPad 2! I've also been looking for a way to see if books I want are available on the iPad. Can't understand why Apple doesn't allow searches through iTunes..

Anyway if someone wouldn't mind do a quick search for the title "How to Hire the Perfect Employer" that would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys,

I don't have an iPad yet but have my eye on the iPad 2! I've also been looking for a way to see if books I want are available on the iPad. Can't understand why Apple doesn't allow searches through iTunes..

Anyway if someone wouldn't mind do a quick search for the title "How to Hire the Perfect Employer" that would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is available on iBooks for $11.99

(also available on Amazon for $9.59)

bartszyszka

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2004
New York, NY
Leatherbound.me

There's this website called Leatherbound.me that will show you if some ebookstores, including iBooksstore, have a book:
http://www.leatherbound.me

Keep in mind that with an iPad you aren't just limited to iBooks. You can read books from Amazon, Borders/Kobo, Barnes & Noble and some independent bookstores have apps for their books.

quetzalcoatl

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2011
There's this website called Leatherbound.me that will show you if some ebookstores, including iBooksstore, have a book:
http://www.leatherbound.me

Keep in mind that with an iPad you aren't just limited to iBooks. You can read books from Amazon, Borders/Kobo, Barnes & Noble and some independent bookstores have apps for their books.

And lets hope this lasts after the Sony app problem.

Explorz

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Notes ability with Kindle app

Does anyone know if it is possible to take notes with the app that lets one read kindle books on the ipad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.