Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
Does anyone know of any examples of great design work using the InDesign to Flash workflow? I would prefer if CS5 was used, but CS4 is fine too. Yes, I know I am going to get a ton of Flash sucks, use HTML 5 replies, but I am doing this for research.

For an example of what I am talking about, please see this link

Ideally, I would like to see any or all of the following.

• Personal Portfolio
  • Magazine
  • Interactive Catalog
  • Mini websites
  • Books

Thanks in advance!

lucidmedia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
The "Wired Magazine" app for Ipad is created from two indesign files (a horizontal and vertical layout) and then compiled into a native ipad app via a yet-to-be-released Adobe AIR application.

Interactive features set up in inDesign are carried over into the app... so the primary development environment of the digital magazine is in indesign.

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
Yes, thats true. I was aware of Wired, but thank you for mentioning it :)
They are using the Adobe Digital publishing solution. Time magazine is using another version from a 3rd party I (woodwing software I believe). I am not looking for any more iPad applications, I really am trying to find online SWF based examples.

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
Thanks for the idea to search smashing magazine, I love that blog. Unfortunately, it didn't come up with any hits on the topic that I am looking for. I appreciate the thought:)

lucidmedia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Adobe keeps putting more and more interactive features into Indesign, but I don't know of anyone who actually uses them in a professional environment (outside of ipad development, and I am not sure how long that is going to really last)...

I would contact one of the Adobe InDesign evangelists directly... they would be able to provide some concrete examples of use within industry.

gooduno

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2007
Have you tried lynda.com under InDesign CS4: Interactive Documents and Presentations

I remember watching through these videos last year. There is a whole chapter dedicated to examples on the web.

Lomig

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Whodunit

Here is an example of a theatre project I am making.
guillaume.lemarre.pagesperso-orange.fr/whodunit/projet.html

johnjoseph

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
Adobe keeps putting more and more interactive features into Indesign, but I don't know of anyone who actually uses them in a professional environment (outside of ipad development, and I am not sure how long that is going to really last)...

I would contact one of the Adobe InDesign evangelists directly... they would be able to provide some concrete examples of use within industry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.