Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFly69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
i'd like to know if i can stream my photos on my MBP to the ATV '10? do i need to use iPhoto for this to happen? i don't use iPhoto, so this would be a deal breaker for me if this the only way to stream photos.

thanks.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
i'd like to know if i can stream my photos on my MBP to the ATV '10? do i need to use iPhoto for this to happen? i don't use iPhoto, so this would be a deal breaker for me if this the only way to stream photos.

thanks.

Don't have mine yet, but iPhoto is probably the only computer option. It allows for streaming from Flickr and MobileMe. Its probably only iPhoto, but you could possibly use Aperture.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA

thanks.

Heres the setup guide: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Apple_TV_2nd_gen_Setup_Guide.pdf

You dont need iPhoto.

"If Apple TV isn’t playing your photo albums or slideshows

Make sure you have photos in your photo library or in a folder on your computer.

Make sure Apple TV and the computer you’re using are set up for Home Sharing. See “Setting Up Home Sharing” on page 17.

Make sure the photos you want to share are selected. In iTunes, choose Advanced > “Choose Photos to Share,” and then select the photos you want to share."

MacFly69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
Heres the setup guide: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Apple_TV_2nd_gen_Setup_Guide.pdf

You dont need iPhoto.

"If Apple TV isn’t playing your photo albums or slideshows

Make sure you have photos in your photo library or in a folder on your computer.

Make sure Apple TV and the computer you’re using are set up for Home Sharing. See “Setting Up Home Sharing” on page 17.

Make sure the photos you want to share are selected. In iTunes, choose Advanced > “Choose Photos to Share,” and then select the photos you want to share."
awesome, thank you!

* Make sure you have photos in your photo library or in a folder on your
computer.

* Make sure Apple TV and the computer you’re using are set up for Home
Sharing. See “Setting Up Home Sharing” on page 17.

* Make sure the photos you want to share are selected. In iTunes, choose
Advanced > “Choose Photos to Share,” and then select the photos you want
to share.

* Make sure Apple TV and your computer are on the same local network.

* Make sure Apple TV and your computer are using the same Home Sharing
account.

SCStevens04

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2006
NC
& from iPhone?

Can someone check to see if you can stream to ATV through iPhone or iPad yet? I assume that comes with 4.2 upgrade in Nov but I could really use that feature next week...

MacFly69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
It was reported only audio for now. Video and pictures come in November.
in November? this is news to me. isn't it being widely advertised that streaming of photos and music is currently available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.