Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacman

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Dallas, Tx.
I just setup my :apple:Tv and the youtube feature is not working. It displays a message that reads: "No content was found. There is a problem communicating with YouTube. Try again later." I have not been able to login successfully with my YouTube user name and password on the :apple:Tv but it works fine on my computer. I have tried entering it a thousand times but says it is incorrect. I make sure I am logged out on my computer but still does not resolve the issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
I just setup my :apple:Tv and the youtube feature is not working. It displays a message that reads: "No content was found. There is a problem communicating with YouTube. Try again later." I have not been able to login successfully with my YouTube user name and password on the :apple:Tv but it works fine on my computer. I have tried entering it a thousand times but says it is incorrect. I make sure I am logged out on my computer but still does not resolve the issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Are you able to watch YouTube videos without logging in?

Kevin

imlucid

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2007
after a few days it is suddenly working fine now...thanks to the one guy that actually replied to my post

You're welcome. :)

When you go to watch videos, you get routed to different servers. Its possible that you kept getting routed to one that was having some serious issues.

Glad to hear its working now though!

Kevin

zinc1oxide

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2010
I'm in the same boat

I recently setup my new Apple TV and the only thing not working is the youtube feature. Although I have only setup my box less than 1 day ago, mine has yet to magically start working. I can't even browse the featured video without the "No content was found" message. Does this device offer some more detailed error logs - I know I can communicate with the internet because I am getting everything else, i.e. movie trailers, radio etc.

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
UK
I recently setup my new Apple TV and the only thing not working is the youtube feature. Although I have only setup my box less than 1 day ago, mine has yet to magically start working. I can't even browse the featured video without the "No content was found" message. Does this device offer some more detailed error logs - I know I can communicate with the internet because I am getting everything else, i.e. movie trailers, radio etc.

Exact same here. Everything perfect but no YouTube content. Did you eventually get it working?

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Got exactly the same problem. Can't play YouTube videos' can't even log in to YouTube. All other online content works fine. Any fix?

anush3

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2010
So whoever still have this problem, see below link that solved my problem.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1980815&tstart=0

Okay. So you're logged in. You can search. You can find stuff. You can view history, etc. But you still can't see your favourites and subscriptions? It gives you an error? Trust me. This problem was wracking my brain for months. This is how you fix it. Open up your desktop web browser (Safari, Firefox, etc) and log into YouTube.com using your YouTube account. Once logged in, in the top right next to your username click on 'Account'. Once there, click on the 'Privacy' link to edit your privacy settings. Now here is where the weirdness comes in. Under the 'Recent Activity', uncheck all the options and hit save. Then go back and check off, at least, both 'Favorite a video' and 'Subscribe to a channel'. Hit save and exit your browser. Restart your Apple TV for good measure and log into YouTube again on your Apple TV. You should now be able to see your favourites and subscriptions. If at anytime you find this method fails, load up the browser again and repeat this process. It should 'reset' whatever the **** the Apple TV does to screw it up in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.