Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Very annoying so far, that all my seasons of TV Shows show up individually rather than as a group,

ex) Old - The Office-Seasons-Episodes, new -The Office Season 1-Episodes The Office Season 2-Episodes.

There are no more Movie folders either.

This is a HUGE step back. Not very happy at the moment.

Yes, the menu system is better and faster, which is good.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
That's a problem on iTunes itself too. It doesn't let you group all the seasons of a show under 1 show icon.

Movies have no folder either, but can be grouped under genres and viewed under genres/unwatched in ATV.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
That's a problem on iTunes itself too. It doesn't let you group all the seasons of a show under 1 show icon.

Movies have no folder either, but can be grouped under genres and viewed under genres/unwatched in ATV.

I know, but the old Apple TV was able to recognize both. The Remote app is still flawed, because it does not display episodes in order.

rotarypower101

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2007
Portland Oregon
I know we are pretty premature, but is there any theories on how to resolve this issue?
Or workarounds that would make large libraries more manageable now that each season of a show is required to have its own heading?!?

I was actually thinking about going back to simply letting season metadata go by the wayside for now, and just label each individual episode with a chronological header ie season 2 episode 5 of say sunny as, 205 Hundred Dollar Baby.
Could this potentialy “lump” all episodeds into a sudo folder and just make browsing within a little less logical as well as less aesthetically pleasing than TV1

I am not sure of any way other than playlists to deal with movie groups and trilogies...

Bad form Apple, Bad form :(
Such a logical well planned system shot to hell. I just hope they change it back..lets hope.

omni

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I know, but the old Apple TV was able to recognize both. The Remote app is still flawed, because it does not display episodes in order.

I was actually wanting to ask people about this.

So with iPad - tv shows that sort correctly in iTunes, appletv (old), etc do not sort correctly. This is with tv shows I've handbraked and metax'ed myself.

On iPad they only sort if you fill out the track # if I remember correctly.

Then I noticed with the upgraded iPhone remote app - they weren't sorting correctly either. Keep in mind i never went back and filled in track #s as I saw it as a waste of time.

So im wondering if this is how apple is going to sort from now on? How do they appear in appletv (new)?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Temporary Workaround: If you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod with the Apple Remote 2.0 software installed, you can browse the Apple TV with your Playlist contents shown in Apple Remote in the correct order as you set in iTunes. Starting playback from a playlist within Apple Remote 2.0 will play the songs in the correct order on the Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.