Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Just got my iphone 4 not too long ago and missed out on the 1-888-FACETIME number, wondering if anyone would be willing to test it out with me. I'm just a normal 25 year old medical student. Would prefer a good looking girl :p but if anyone wants to Id like to try it out.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I dont know what's wrong with you man, but unfortunately I don't know anyone else with an iPhone 4, they all have Blackberries as the hospital will pay for them, I choose to carry an iPhone...just want to try the feature.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

blank_facepalm_224.gif

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Ok, well apparently I broke some forum rule or something because I remember before people were asking about it. Don't believe I'm just a 25 year old Med. Student? Think what you want.

danno1769

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
If you download fring, you can video chat with people that dont have it iphones. And if you hit the test call, itll let you video chat with yourself for a few seconds lol.

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
you don't know ANYONE who has an iPhone 4.
Really ? Where the hell do you live? on Mars ?
I can't get away from people with iPhone 4s.

Try going outside once in a while.

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
you don't know ANYONE who has an iPhone 4.
Really ? Where the hell do you live? on Mars ?
I can't get away from people with iPhone 4s.

Try going outside once in a while.
Most of my friends who own an iPhone 4 are males, only 2 or 3 are actually girls.

Heh.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Sorry guys, I don't live in a huge city, and no, I dont know anyone with an iPhone 4...every single one of my friends has Verizon:mad: and they dont care if they have a fancy phone or not, they arent in any jobs that require them to have smartphones either, myself on the other hand...see all the patients I do all day, my iPhone comes in real handy when dealing with prescriptions and what not.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
I don't see what's wrong with this request suddenly. Over the last two months since the phone has been out there have been numerous people asking to try FT with other members.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Thank you Orange42, that's what I thought. All the sudden it seems there is a problem with this request, when the iP4 was released there were requests like crazy being posted. Why the sudden hate?

needsmoar

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Canada
Does suck that the 888 number died, wasn't available for other countries for their launch time.

I did the fring test, horrible sound, choppy video but I did pick up on the test girl doing the shocker at the end and she said fring me later but I haven't heard from her since.

I hope the fring quality doesn't represent the facetime quality as people in this thread indicate.

I know lots of people with iPhones, just not a iPhone 4 so I didn't get to test it either, but I'm not too worried about it or giving out my #.

For now, its a fairly useless technology until you can talk via it or skype to desktop clients or other mobile platforms. Hopefully it moves forward sooner than later.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
A bit OT, but I've had really good success with FaceTime. Clear call quality, great for looking around and a fun and useful tool for visiting with family and friends that are far away. I'd love it if it could connect with iChat users as well as others, but I think it has a great up-side, particularly if it is implemented across the Apple product line.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
My friend works at the apple store and I FaceTime him with the iPhone 4 demos haha..I don't know if it's a good idea to give it out..I call it sometimes and talk to random people..there like WTF..lol..

How about the iChatr app? That was removed
Due to weenies..:/

Fring work but bit lag

Icedog

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2003
Thank you Orange42, that's what I thought. All the sudden it seems there is a problem with this request, when the iP4 was released there were requests like crazy being posted. Why the sudden hate?

weird, this is the first time I've seen a backlash to this sort of request/thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.