Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheyar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Has anyone got this before?
to clarify I'm using my usb cord to charge on my laptop. anyone knows anything?
Here is the screenie:
img0012fw.jpg

4l3x989

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
I'm having the same issue, using Windows 7, iPhone 3GS 32GB, software 4.0.1, the weird thing is that i can charge in my mother's computer, and also I can charge it under linux with no problems at all...

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
This is usually caused by insufficient voltage and could be caused by an old or faulty cord, insufficient USB phantom power, a dirty connector, or any combination of these symptoms. It is especially common when using older iPod accessories with newer iPhones or iPads.

Joe G

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2009
Be careful with this. I had a cheap external battery (the rectangular black one with the little led's leading to an arrow you can press to check the charge, readily available on Ebay and elsewhere), and sometimes my phone would give me this message. I would always just unplug the device and plug it back in...but one time, it didn't give this message, it just bricked the phone. Solid, hard brick. Nothing but nothing would bring it back and I tried everything I knew to try...various button presses, attempt to enter DFU mode, tried it plugging it into the computer, apple charger, etc. It was a ruined brick.

I've since stopped using cheap off-brand chargers. If they throw the wrong voltage to your phone they can fry it, I found out the hard way.

I'd get a new cord or stop using this device to charge if I was you.

devoncatt

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2010
charging not supported

I have a 5 month old mophie air juice pack, I phone 3GS. I have the same problem. Now it is even refusing to charge when the cable is connected tot he juice pack. I have to charge directly. I tried the toothbrush trick to clean the contacts but no luck any more suggestions? This was no problem last year with a previous juice pack. The problem seems worse with IOS 4.X. Now the question where is the fault Iphone 3GS, juice Pack or??

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
you are probably using an older cable w/out realizing it, instead of the one that came w/ your iPhone.

carlitoqc

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2010
My problem is very alike even thought it is the opposite. Everytime I connect to 2-3 diff computers using usb it works fine but when i use same cable (or a diff one, both genuines) into the genuine wall charger I see the "charging is not supported with this accessory" msg.

I know for a fact that I'm currently using a 3G usb cable + wall charger on a 3GS iPhone. So this should be the reason for my problem? Is there really a difference between 3G and 3GS wall charger??? Apple store is indicating both usb cable and wall charger are compatible for all iPhones...

Running 4.0.1 jailbroken, thanks.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Did you use snowbreeze by any chance. Accessory problems is one of the many reported problems with that JB software.

MrThompsonR

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2009
Scosche passPORT - Charging adapter

This fixed my problem with my installed car kit... With this and Popup Blocker, I get no error messages and I can play my playlist thru my car stereo and charge my phone.
314LbpxpM8L._SX300_SY390_CR,0,0,300,390_.jpg

BavarianDude

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
Error on my Mophie. Charging I not supported with this accessory.

I have had it replaced 3 times. Same issue. Just got. New one yesterday. Same hen I woke up. Using the cable they sent. Using the outlet that came with my iPhone 5. No change. I tried with a blackberry wall outlet and its he same.
I have one last test. The ac adapter that came with my new iPad. If that works great. But. It should be supplied by Mophie. Either way I will have to call them. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.