Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leist1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
I have just purchased the new Apple TV, however, here is the question, I live in at a hotel (where I work) and I log on to the Wifi network using a username and password, for example the wifi network is open, when I use the internet a 'splash' page pops up asking me to enter log in details, is this going to create a problem on the apple TV? will i still be able to log on to the wifi? if so how do i go about doing this

Thank you all in advance for your help

Gavin

RandomNinjaAtk

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2008
No most likely not, you'll need to use a macbook/macbook pro and connect it via wifi to the internet, and run ethernet from apple tv to the macbook/pro and then enable internet connection sharing. That will enable it to work.

Leist1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
No most likely not, you'll need to use a macbook/macbook pro and connect it via wifi to the internet, and run ethernet from apple tv to the macbook/pro and then enable internet connection sharing. That will enable it to work.

Thanks for that, great help

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010

I haven't tried this on the new Apple TV though on the original connecting the Apple TV to my Mac with ethernet are turning on internet sharing didn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.