Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Ever since the App Store came out, we were promised some GOOD 3D games, however all I've been seeing are Gameboy/SNES type things. Can anyone recommend me some?

You know, something that's eye catching and keeps you playing for awhile like Sonic 4 that comes out on the 7th (I know that's advanced timing, but I sure will be playing it for days :D):

sonic4.png

I don't mind the genre, I just want some games that have good eye candy and take advantage of all the iOS/iPhone 4 features.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Spiderman, street fighter 4, mirrors edge, madden 11, NHL 2k11, tiger woods, and Rayman 2 are some good 3d games I have that are very console like. Though the touch screen isn't a good for controls, these are some of my fav. games on the iPhone and I'll be picking up sonic 4 as well when it's released.

Mochi Hana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Texas
Super Monkey Ball 2 is pretty good IMO. The controls are a bit difficult to grasp but it's still a fun game.

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Spiderman, street fighter 4, mirrors edge, madden 11, NHL 2k11, tiger woods, and Rayman 2 are some good 3d games I have that are very console like. Though the touch screen isn't a good for controls, these are some of my fav. games on the iPhone and I'll be picking up sonic 4 as well when it's released.

I agree there are some good games but the touch screen controls don't do them justice.

Have you seen Epic Citadel, if not search for it on app store. It's a tech demo at the moment but when the game gets released it's going to be a game changer.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
I agree there are some good games but the touch screen controls don't do them justice.

Have you seen Epic Citadel, if not search for it on app store. It's a tech demo at the moment but when the game gets released it's going to be a game changer.

+1 to this. I found many of the games out there to be difficult if not impossible to play. Half of the screen ends up getting covered by your thumbs in the corners, and I despise the tilt-only games because you have to be in a specific position.

jdwebby

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
Apple needs to let us have the ability to link our PS3 bluetooth game controls to the IP4 so that we can have an alternative to how we control games. So our thumbs dont cover half the screen up :)

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Dude, if they do that plus add video out to the games, can you imagine having a complete game system in your pocket? Play using the touchscreen on the road, the get home and sync the video out with the apple tv then pair up a Bluetooth game controller and keep playing the game on your tv, that would be incredible.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Dude, if they do that plus add video out to the games, can you imagine having a complete game system in your pocket? Play using the touchscreen on the road, the get home and sync the video out with the apple tv then pair up a Bluetooth game controller and keep playing the game on your tv, that would be incredible.

Sounds like a job for a JB developer. I'd be so stoked for something like this

icedd

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2009
I don't want to start another games thread so I'm just going to ask here. What are some good online multiplayer games? I only know of Words with Friends.

asr10 user

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010

My buddy with a Droid X does this with a wii controller and emulators. Pretty great.

jdwebby

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2010
Damn you droid for taking my original idea. Oh well if apple did it, it would work way better :)

And not have spam viruses on it :p

andywilliams

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010

Are they actually turning the demo into a full game then? I didn't realise this, can't wait for that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.