Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Any else having stability problems with the new Angry Birds update?

In chapter 7 (night/city scene), when a level is completed, it doesn't finish the process and let you move on to the next level. You hear the cheer, get credit for your leftover birds, then it does nothing. And interestingly enough. If you click home twice, then touch the screen to go back into the game, you hear the cheer again, and get credit for your leftover birds, again. So your score keeps racking up. But you still can't move onto the next level.

Anyone else experience this?

princesultan

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2010
lol, i was JUST about to post this.

it's obviously a problem. the updated graphics for retina display probably caused this.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
lol, i was JUST about to post this.

it's obviously a problem. the updated graphics for retina display probably caused this.

Ok, glad it's not just me. Maybe they'll put out another update. They've done two in the last few days. I think they keep causing more problems.

sjoshuac

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
Freezes!

I have the same problem. thought it was me.. how frustrating.. hopefullky there will be a fixed update soon

seifer333

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
since the update I've found moving on to the next level requires a lot more time. Before it would instantly display the star ranking but now it would take 3-5 seconds just to get to that screen.

dewierwan

Suspended
Oct 1, 2010
Meeee

Any else having stability problems with the new Angry Birds update?

In chapter 7 (night/city scene), when a level is completed, it doesn't finish the process and let you move on to the next level. You hear the cheer, get credit for your leftover birds, then it does nothing. And interestingly enough. If you click home twice, then touch the screen to go back into the game, you hear the cheer again, and get credit for your leftover birds, again. So your score keeps racking up. But you still can't move onto the next level.

Anyone else experience this?

MEE!! im on the ipod touch 4g and the new update causes the screen to freeze every time ive completed it but exactly like yours it gives you the 10000 points for your spare birds over and over again!! it's anoying! i don't want to cheat to get 3 stars on everything. need new update now.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
They have release like 3-4 updates in two days and all of them crash on my iphone4.

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
I hate these updates! Ever since 1.4.2 I cannot open the game. It freezes on black screen for a couple seconds, then goes back to home screen. I had 3 stars on every single available level before the update so I don't want to erase & reinstall.

They need to FIX this!

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
I hate these updates! Ever since 1.4.2 I cannot open the game. It freezes on black screen for a couple seconds, then goes back to home screen. I had 3 stars on every single available level before the update so I don't want to erase & reinstall.

They need to FIX this!

I'm right there with you :(

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Since the last update (Oct. 1, Version 1.4.4) everything seems to be working ok for me again. Anyone still having problems with this Oct 1 update?

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
yeah mine still doesn't work. I don't want to lose my completed levels :(

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
I'm gonna hang on until the next update and if that doesn't fix it then I guess I'll just have to delete it and start over.

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2007
I can't stand that they now have retina display for the iphone / ipod touch 4, for $.99, but they want to charge $4.99 for an iPad version, which is the exact same game. They offer a great deal on the iphone but are raping the iPad customers.

DCEMaine

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2010
choppy/hiccup graphics on 3GS, 1.4.4, iOS4.1

I have the same problem with the animation being jerky and inconsistent. Takes the flow out of the fling and screws up timing. Frustrating. It is the kind of thing that a graphics update/upgrade could cause.

Update fix, please??

deanernzen

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Angry Bird Freeze

We just bought a new iPod touch for my son for Christmas but we are having trouble with the Angry Birds app. When he tries to replay a level, sometimes he accidentally hits the Eagle Eye button but the window comes up so far down in the right hand corner that you can't hit the 'x' to close the window. As a result, you are stuck and can't do anything.

I have removed and re-installed the app once but would like to avoid having my son start all over again. Any suggestions on how to clear the Eagle Eye window if you can't tap on the 'x'? Thanks!

Hlhavens

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2011
Golden egg

Soo I can't open the golden egg on level 1-8. It won't come out of the treasure chest... Any possible solutions?? I have hit it a million times and nothing is working... It's the last egg I have to open =\

erchel

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
We just bought a new iPod touch for my son for Christmas but we are having trouble with the Angry Birds app. When he tries to replay a level, sometimes he accidentally hits the Eagle Eye button but the window comes up so far down in the right hand corner that you can't hit the 'x' to close the window. As a result, you are stuck and can't do anything.

I have removed and re-installed the app once but would like to avoid having my son start all over again. Any suggestions on how to clear the Eagle Eye window if you can't tap on the 'x'? Thanks!

I had the same problem so I just turned off my ipod touch & let it sit for a minute then turned it back on. It is working again (without reinstalling, thank god!) and now I will just avoid clicking the eagle eye! I couldn't really find any other solutions when I searched google either.... Good Luck!

EUSLMT

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
New Angry Birds update freezes

I just took the new Angry Birds update and it freezes. Can't get past the first screen. I have an iPad. Any clues?

Angellp456

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011

They need to FIX this!

Have you found any way of fixing this I am having the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.