Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osxnewbe

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2006
Get the black... No wait get the white.... Oh well maybe you should get the white but maybe you should get the black... :-D

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
That is very expensive for such a low quality pair of cans.... You could do much better in that pricerange. Hell, you could do much better in half that price.

mechanopony

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
That is very expensive for such a low quality pair of cans.... You could do much better in that pricerange. Hell, you could do much better in half that price.

I've been through several brands of headphones trying to find the right ones. I have tiny ears, so over-the-ear headphones press right against my ear piercings and hurt after a while. :(

I love the styling and choices that Skullcandy has, but the ones I got hurt my ears (small head) and the audio quality was not that good. My old $50 Sony's had much better sound, but I kept snagging the cables on accident, which tore the wiring right out of the connections. Sennheizer are my backup pair, which have great audio quality but the cables are flimsy and my cat already got to one of them :p

For sticking in the same price range as the Skullcandy Aviators (~$150), if you want an in-ear headphone option, I would go with Phonak Audeo (amazon link). These are actually in-ear monitors (what musicians use), and have very high quality cabling that doesn't twist or stretch. I've had mine for over a year and they are still awesome. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.