Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Which sound bar with wireless sub?

HT-WS1G or VSB210WS ?

I originally thought the Samsung would be better but based off quick googling the vizio seems the better buy.

BOTH are $278 at my local walmart.

Which one?

GO GO GO.

Thanks. :)

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Seriously, impulse buy decisions at Walmart should be limited to Funyuns vs Munchos.

That's not what I asked. I'll purchase what and when I want. I'm just asking for some opinions but thanks anyway. :)

nobunaga209

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
TX
Go with VSB210WS...and don't forget some blank DVD's and a pack of 5 gum....oh and take pics to post in the "Recent Purchase" thread! :p

JYork23

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Connecticut
That's not what I asked. I'll purchase what and when I want. I'm just asking for some opinions but thanks anyway. :)

My OPINION is that if you're at Walmart, any impulse buy decisions you might be making should be restrained to processed food in a bag, not any sort of electronics. If you feel the need to take that online, well then my friend, you get what you deserve.

When you get back, let us know which you've decided on: Funyuns or Munchos.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I went with the vizio. First off, the samsung is just ugly and doesn't fit in to my modern simplistic contemporary style. However, this isn't a beauty contest, it's about the sound. I just had to go with the reviews on this one (something I rarely do). I couldn't have chosen better. The quality really is awesome.

I'm wondering though, I had the basic $99 vizio soundbar and did they just throw in a sub? I'm about to go find out. Either way I love it.

To the dude above me, I wanted your "OPINION" on whether I should get system X or system Y, not your opinion on my thought process, or what I'm doing.

I'll post pics in the other thread later. For now, I must put away the groceries before they melt away.

Thanks for the help guys. :D

JYork23

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Connecticut
To the dude above me, I wanted your "OPINION" on whether I should get system X or system Y, not your opinion on my thought process, or what I'm doing.

As I said, when you decided to take this "oh I'm so hip and cool that I'm going to make an impulse buy at Walmart for my hip and cool lifestyle" thing online, you got what you deserve. :D

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
As I said, when you decided to take this "oh I'm so hip and cool that I'm going to make an impulse buy at Walmart for my hip and cool lifestyle" thing online, you got what you deserve. :D

What? That was, by far, the most ignorant-ass comment I've heard in a while. I come on here for everything. They were the same price and I figured some people willing to help could look up some things quicker than I could at Walmart, or possibly speak from experience with the devices. So that's miss number one for you right there.

Second, the only thing I "got" was an amazing sound system for a low price thanks to the suggestions on here.

Have I seen you before? Oh yes, here.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
What? That was, by far, the most ignorant-ass comment I've heard in a while. I come on here for everything. They were the same price and I figured some people willing to help could look up some things quicker than I could at Walmart, or possibly speak from experience with the devices. So that's miss number one for you right there.

Second, the only thing I "got" was an amazing sound system for a low price thanks to the suggestions on here.

Have I seen you before? Oh yes, here.

By the way, how did the purchase turn out? Any pros/cons of the speaker?

PS - He came here to ask which one, he did not come here to ask "is my impulse buy the best thing to do?"

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
By the way, how did the purchase turn out? Any pros/cons of the speaker?

PS - He came here to ask which one, he did not come here to ask "is my impulse buy the best thing to do?"

I was a little weary about a $275 sound bar but it's the best choice I could have made for a system without going 5.1/7.1. The subwoofer is excellent and the remote has a Sub + and - button so you can keep the level where you like it which is great because some subs have a single "volume" that can't be changed.

The ONLY thing that I have found to be an "issue" with this device is that the remote has to be pointed quite precisely at the bar, however distance doesn't seem to matter.

At first it seemed a bummer that it didn't have an HDMI port but the optical in is perfect and sounds amazing.

Would I reccomend? Definitely. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.